If money was no object...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Jan 16, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If money was not an issue.
    What a big if

The amps:
    Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+
    Mesa Boogie Triple Rectfier

Marshall JTM Plexi (Whatever is the model number)
    Marshall JCM800

Diezel HM4 (hope the number is correct)

Guru amp ;-) Ram II or Cheetah Fight

ok one Randall Warhead too

Racks for all the FX. TC Electronics? Maybe.

PRS Guitars
    Jackson Guitars
    ESP Guitars
    Zachary
    Parker

2. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

ill take joe satch insted, thts all.

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

@ alpha1..Diezel VH4.
    @Leftyguitarist: Can you buy him off the shelf? In which case, one for me too:). Does he run a cloning farm?

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Forgot to add:

1. Female bassist: having fetish for leather and stiletto heeled, knee-high riding boots
    2. Female drummer: having fetish for wearing excessive punk jewellry

No keyboards :p

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^hah...ab akal aayi!!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^ Check again.

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

why am I not surprised

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The original TS9 and infact all the infamous 9 serious were made by Maxon but licensed to Ibanez. One they quit the production, Maxon started their own based on 9 series. Now Ibanez has a poor reissue and Maxon beats everything hollow.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm...add a Dave Mustaine axion (screw the spelling) ESP + a Laney MD15....(dont remember the model no.)

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ibanez Steve Vai Jem .. 1.5 lacs
    Kerry king Bc rich signature V guitar ... 40k
    Ibanez Js1000 joe sat signature ... ...1 lac

Pickups : P-90 EMG .... EMG 81/85 set .. EMG 60/81 set

GFX 1 zoom pedal
    marshall half stack

my rig should be about >3 lacs

11. abhijitnath

Which P-90s does EMG make? I've never seen anything on their website!

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Why Zoom GFX1 ? Why dont you get some expensive Rack setup for you. Why settle down for a Marshall Half Stack. Why not full stack with Wall of Celestion Cabinets like Van Halen.

13. abhijitnath

I suspect you know something about Satch_Attack's true identity Ronnie. Enlighten us also:)

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

GFX1 is crap.

:nw: BOSS GT8 :nw: if you are going for a processor.

15. abhijitnath

Have you played a POD XT Live?

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

___
    nope
    :'(

17. abhijitnath

Aah
    You must...IMHO (and I'm no dissing the GT-8, it is decent for what it does) it has much more realistic amp modelling and none of the fizziness of GT-8 distortion.
    74 amp models most of which are really good (the Dual Rectifier just had me goggling in disbelief because there was a guy in the shop playing through a Dual Recitifer and we sounded EXACTLY the same), ability to have a PC patch editor (which is super easy when you compare it with the complexity of the GT-8) and a much better laid-out pedalboard. Downers-only one amp model, but do you really need too? Also doesnt have picking sensitivity (which anyway no digital device does well I think except the Tonelab).

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ho hum.
    I agree BOSS products ARE fizzy.
    but regarding the pikcing response, I have checkd out the Overdrive feature (I guess modelled on BOSS SD/OD-1/2) that one is really responsive.
    + Boss gt8 also has a patch shifter which is tied to your picking style.

19. abhijitnath

Yeah I know the one you mean. But again, that's an on-off kind of thing (and honestly I think it's quite gimmicky). It's not that sudden overdriven sound you get when you pick hard on a tube amp. I don't think they have that sound down yet.
    If you want bells and whistles and gimmicks (like the godawful sitar emulation on the GT-8) then of course it's better. On absolute tone and closeness-to-the-real-thing parameters, the POD scores every time. I have a video of Eric Johnson, Scott Henderson and the King's X guy playing through an XT and they sound just like their real tones. I don't know if that's still possible through a BOSS product because their amp sim technology is still the paleolithic COSM, even though their effects are much better still.
    And Meshuggah, Evanescence and Trey Gunn both use the PODs and Vettas as their primary amps live and on record.

20. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I played through a Line 6 GuitarPort which is supposed to be the same as the pod and i found it too good. The tones from that thing were unbelievable compared to all the multi fx i've played. I heard that even their amps too are too good. i wish i could play one, i saw a video demo of the thing and i was floored.