IE7 nukes Google and Yahoo! search

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rizaaj, Aug 1, 2005.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Jul 29th, 2005

Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 went on a limited beta release today and contains a nasty surprise for some users.
    Users with search toolbars from Yahoo! and arch-rival Google have discovered that these vanish. Other third-party toolbars designed to block pop-ups or aid with form filling appear to be working normally.

The default search engine is MSN Search.

There are sound compatibility reasons for Microsoft disabling third-party toolbars in an early cut of the software. The beta is only available to Vista beta testers, and is available either as part of Vista itself or as a download for Windows XP, and affects only a few thousand people.

But it does raise ominous echoes of Microsoft's previous tactics of foreclosing competition by hiding the alternatives available to users. For anti-competive reasons, Microsoft is unlikely to risk such a move in the finished product. We'll have to see.

Microsoft last updated its web browser in August 2001

Source

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Woah, have to try that one. Is it available on the Microsoft website? Thanks for the info man.

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

did not check if its available or not.. but i dont think it would be ...

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:)..I got this a week ago..;)..Got it downloaded..;)..But it minimum needs winXP service pack 2..!..But unfortunately i have winXP service pack 1...:eek::

5. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

MS r back again doing what they do best !! blocking competitors out of the market !!

6. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

if u think thats bad.....go n type in 1 Infinite Loop in https://virtualearth.msn.com and then in maps.google.com u'll see what MS has done to the Apple HQ. IT DOESN"T EXIST ON MSN VIRTUALEARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cen: GOOGLE EARTH RULES!!!!!!!!!

7. nik_bokacheley

:eek::...what's the prob??

8. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

hey.. i got the links to download it..

it requires atleast service pack 2... pm me for the link if you want.. coz i dont know if its allowed to post here or not...

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

MS Sux..i dnt get it...dint they get sued by Sun for fucking around with java ..bill gates is a bastard and will never learn...
    google rox

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

lolz... chill doc...

something is burning.. i think its you doc...

11. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

did you know that google toolbar only works with IE?
    for firefox you must use the 3rdparty (unsupported by google) download.

and can someone tell me how to do "find whole word" search in firefox?
    for eg. if I want to find "each" I want to find "each" and not "reach" or "peach".

I use firefox everyday, but I hate it when people make it sound like its the end of the world.
    Its a lot better than the other stuff otu there, but it has loads to improve.

12. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah, if Microsoft is releasing a product after such a long time then it must be good. When IE6 was released other, browser's like Firefox weren't even made! After some years when these browser's were released of course they have to support newer features. So I'll give a try to IE7 and see if its worth it.

13. nik_bokacheley

Hey, i can't open yahoo mail in IE 7 beta 1..any solutions??..And what are the disadvantages...??..Can ne 1 post few more of the drawbacks...?