IE addin for IGT

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by amit82cse, Feb 12, 2006.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Hi Zoom, I am thinking of writting a small utility IE addin for IGT. Here are few questions for you:

1. Does IGT has any Web-Service support for querying posts?
    2. Are there any legal implications of providing IGT features through custom addin tool?

Thanks
    -Amit

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

1)Not actually a Webservice Support, but its a PHP based script to whom you can pass required parameters and inturn get the result in web-based format automatically..
    No direct interface is provided between the database and a program.. You have to use the intermediate search.php script...
    Values can be passed as a simple form-based using GET
    e.g.
    Code:
    <input name="query" user="">
    <input name="do" value="process">
    <input name="forumchoice" value="4">
    <input name="childforums" value="1">

The first two parameters, 'query' n 'do' are compulsory, as it is...
    Forumchoice depicts the forum you want to search in...
    Like.. i have kept it as '4' this depicts "Guitar Tabs Forum" (Non postable), but it has childforums like Hindi, Tamil,etc...
    Childforums=1 depicts that i am asking the query to be processed in all child forums... If its 0, it wont search the childforums..
    But since the parent forum, 'Guitar Tabs Forum' is non-postable, its meaningless to keep childforums=0 ;)
    You can get the forum id's by looking at the different forum URL's..
    https://indianguitartabs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

And ya, if you want to search the entire forum... no need to pass
    the "forumchoice" & "childforums" parameters in the query.

Script Location: https://indianguitartabs.com/search.php

2) Well, as far as we are concerned, there aint any legal implications for such addins.. but of course we dont endorse them, and users use them on there own risk... Well.. u know na... DISCLAIMER stuff.. dont forget to add that in your distribution ;)

And.. i hope you are writing this custom addon under GNU/GPL license?
    Wud give others codes a chance to study and improve, if any problems faced.. (Atleast send me the code.. :grin:.. Its long time..ppl are boasting of Firefox...n its easy plugin writing capabilities :annoyed:)

Lastly.. in wat language you coding in? I guess..it must VC++?
    Lemme know..
    Any other inputs u require...just drop in a PM...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

3. amit82cse

thanks Zoom. will ping you with specific questions later...

I live in .NET world and my weapon is C#. Addin is all about band-objects and I will be creating wrappers around window's native calls to suport development in .NET languages.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey you will be having access to IE source code.
    Aint it?

5. amit82cse

Well ... to create IE addin one doesn't require IE source code ... but yeah I can take a look on IE code anytime I want including IE7 ;) .

6. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&amp;*$@*^$

I guess not! IE source code is not available for developement (its not an open source s/w) ... wat MS provides is some API support and stuffs like dat ... u can check it out at https://msdn.microsoft.com/

7. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&amp;*$@*^$

does MS provides IE code?? Well didnt know that ... can u plz tell me where I can find it? I need dat ....

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Array d00d!!!
    He works for MicroSoft.

9. amit82cse

IE code is not open source.

10. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&amp;*$@*^$

thats wat............. I didnt knew dat .....

Well goodluck amit for ur proj .....

11. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

C# is good... but to tell you really, i dont support Microsoft's .NET Technologies.. Earlier i found it quite interesting... But then, Its a MiddleWare language...wherein other languages are forced to port so as to make them .NET platform supported!

And of course...i need not say..how easy its to hack the DLL's generated...

I prefer, core languages... like VC++ & MFC or JAVA...
    Neways... with your addin..i would get a chance to study .NET from a different angle... Havent worked much on .NET...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!