IDEA: Staff Notations

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by sushant_3k, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sushant_3k

sushant_3k New Member

Just a thought.

Can we start a new section of Staff Notations?

This would help people in reading music.
    And that would definitely add in their music vocabulary..

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

excellent idea. I can post some basic tutorials, but one can always google it..

i will be able to post songs like Swades theme etc,

But the point here is how many people in the forum follow and understand staff notation?
    No point having a section that doesnt cater to a wider section of the audience.

Make this a poll i suggest.

Jay

3. sushant_3k

sushant_3k New Member

Thanks bro.

that will be of great help.
    At least that will be first step to success.

Post man, post anything u have.
    And we might post some useful links for staff notations.

and u r right we must make it a poll.

thanks

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Good idea sushant. But this thread is in the wrong forum, should be in Feedback forum, it'll be moved. But then, great idea, i hope it works out well.

5. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

its a good idea ... i used to use staff notations and had hard times playing with tabs that we use... but then now i m used to it too .... the only problem i am seeing with staff notations is that, it will be pain for authors ..... unless there is ggod s/w ( free) which does it ..... (i m unaware yet)

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

There are lots of s/w for creating staff ntoations, or converting from tab to staff notation (tefview, tabedit etc. do it I think)

Anyway, how will you post the staff notations? As jpgs? as special files that you need to open with associated software? What about the associated webspace? Such files will take more space than textual tabs.

It will be good to have staff notations posted, but I think that it would be just fine if they are posted occasionally in the associated regular tab forum since I suspect there won't be too many such posts.

A good article on reading staff notation would be very useful right here.

7. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

i totally agree with ananth ...
    n then its just notations.... any style is easy to pick up ... and after a bit of practice ... you can just look few notes in tabs and improvise rest youself ..... because usually most of the songs use same group of notes throu out the song ...and little bit up and down those notes....
    (sorry if it doesnt make sense to most of you)

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think an easier option is MIDI files.
    U have software which converts score to MIDI.
    and MIDI players usually show staff notation too.
    So I say upload the midi file..

Jay