Idea for Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by skaw, Jun 10, 2006.

1. skaw

skaw snooze

Hey guys, long time eh. yeah, I havn't been visiting this site much. Been busy with school/teaching people guitar/working on some songs. Yeah, well anyways forums were unorganized before but now its just a lot more. I'm guessing the unorganization and organization are still at the same ratio but the users have increased. Anyways, I had a little thought:
    when creating a new thread have an option of "Submission" or "REQ" that way i think things will be alot better .. Lets say in the Hindi Guitar tabs section a person wants to make a thread .. now either that thread HAS to be submission or either it HAS to be a request right? thats what it says beside the "Hinid Guitar Tabs" - "Submission or Request" .. so no matter what a person has to either post a REQ thread or a submission (I suggest no "default" .. cuz noein these people they will select default and get around it) ..

plus i just saw the lyrics section .. man is that one messed up place .. i didn't noe what was REQ or what was submission .. i'd say same should be done there .. but for a section like Poetry and Lyrics .. this shouldn't be done .. you know what i mean? i am sure u all do .. well when you guys get time .. might wana make something like that .. :beer: later ...

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Is that a word?

3. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

@ skaw... doesnt the forum already say ... "hindi guitar tabs - SUBMIT OR REQUEST" ??

4. skaw

skaw snooze

lol. no its not.

I dont think you got the idea. Have you checked the section? how many people have their threads named as [Submission]Kalyug-Aadat. Let me answer that for you, "barely anyone." so my idea is that when you make a thread, you NEED to pick one of the two options, "[Submission] or [REQ]."

5. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

skaw's idea has merit...

I would go one step further...

For "Request" threads following should be available:
    1. An easy filter to see all outstanding REQ
    2. An option to the thread creater to mark his/her this thread as *fulfilled* once he/she gets the reqested tab

1 person likes this.
  6. skaw

skaw snooze

I like what amit said there. That'd be a good thing to do too. But I don't think moderators and admins find any interest in this. Only one moderator replied, that too with only a gramatical mistake. Oh wells.

Amit, your signature made me listen to a few songs of yours :p good job.

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

whaaaaaaaaaaat?

these forums have moderators?!

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

VERY GOOD IDEA!!

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We are always watching. We were hoping for the conversation to be more developed and conclusive before we replied.

Nice idea amit82cse reps for you.

10. skaw

skaw snooze

Well the thing is, how many people actually read this section if they don't have any problems? Not many. If you really want quick response I would recommend making a poll and locking the thread and only allowing people to vote yes or no.

I can't do that. I will have people spam the thread to death. But anyways, this was just a thought. Maybe some other time it might be useful? Maybe its just too much to do? I dont know, I just thought of it! :p:

11. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

you have seeded an idea and neo is giving water to it, let it develop with its own pace...