Ibanez V8 bridge position humbucker for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sethlover, Feb 28, 2005.

1. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Howdy guys!

I recently upgraded to a Bill Lawrence humbucker in my 2nd year Ibanez RG570 Custom so i have this pickup to spare. This is a medium/high output pickup that sounds very balanced and has a lot of gain, it sounded very nice in my Ibanez but when i installed it in my epiphone strat style the sound was unbelievable, a lot of gain and singing tone. Its a very good pickup for any guitar and well worth a find, getting it unless someone uninstalls them from their Ibanez's is very rare Anyone with a strat, strat style or other guitar this is your chance to get one.
    I am willing to part with it for Rs1500. I live in Bangalore but can ship it anywhere in India. Please contact me at rayz_k2@yahoo.com or call me at 9886376129. Thanks,

Rayz

2. sethlover

sethlover New Member

I was just thinking maybe i can settle for a little less, so i decided on going with 1200 for the pickup...

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

im interested... is this an infinity pickup - and how long can you keep it for?

4. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Hi, check your pm

5. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Hi deathdr, any news...

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

How does this do for metal? I like playing Slayer and Metallica...basically anything fast/speed/thrash. I'd be interested if it can do things like that. Whether you would be willing to ship to Canada is another issue though.

7. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Hey there dmf, i have never played Slayer and the kind and my only tryst with metal's been with a lot of Megadeth a bit of Testament and Pantera and it did extremely well with those. While it sounds good in an Ibanez i have tried it in a strat style guitar and it really rocked then. I can ship to Canada through EMS Speed Post but i dont know how much (can find out tomorrow) and whether you will be willing to pay, let me find out tomorrow and let you know how much...

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

EDIT: Actually forget it. I spoke to my buddy about this and he said he owns that pickup and that it's very trebly and muddy. Not worth the money at all. I withdraw my offer. Sorry.

9. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Its ok, IMO its a very good pickup, the muddiness you talk about is actually the gain on the pickup and its actually very balanced...

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I checked this pick up. It's more a heavy metal pickup. For heavy metal and maybe something beyond it rocks. I was looking at a more Blues Pickup, so it didn't suit my need. I play things like Cream, SRV and it sounded a bit heavy for my requirements. This guy showed me some cool Megadeth and Pantera riffs and solos. This pickup rocks and cool price tag too. I wish he sold Seymour Duncan Seth Lover model, so that I could have picked it up at this price ;)

11. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Ibanez V8 - Sold