Ibanez S1270 or ESP LTD JH600....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aeroash, Jun 14, 2012.

1. henrynh

henrynh New Member

Well if you can't raise it more then you can probably skip the ESP you were looking at, it's a signature LTD model so it's overpriced otherwise it's okay & comes into their 400 series quality price range. The deluxe LTD 1000 series would be worth looking into if you still are looking into LTD's, but i'd save up more and get a ESP Standard over those though.

It would have been better if you tried out some different brands to get an idea of the different neck's but I guess if you are looking into ibby's then you are familiar with those necks.
    Suhrs normally start at double your price range, so those are out. Jackson's (the good ones) are priced around the ESP Standard or Custom price range. Schecter's would have been good, the japanese ones, their necks feel very different, don't buy one without trying out. If you can get a Japanese Ibby then get one, it will be built very well. Godin's will probably not come in your budget either.

About bare knuckles pickups, I've tried a guitar that had them, not sure which models it were. They sounded fine but I would rather not buy them. Too expensive & no way of trying them or returning them if they didn't suit the guitar you were putting them into, probably difficult to sell them again too. I'd rather invest that amount into something else like say an amp or a pedal. Pickups are something you get when you already have a proper amp to amplify them or completely bad sounding stock pickups, otherwise you won't know if they work out for you later on.

2. aeroash

aeroash New Member

Good point!..

3. aeroash

aeroash New Member

bugera bc15...any good?

4. aeroash

aeroash New Member

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

No. I'd get this over it BE3 Amplifiers- 18 Watt

That vid was really amusing. INSANE! would be the word to describe it :RollLol:
    Koreans do have amazing luthiers but they are known for making acoustic guitars on custom orders only.

Anyways it would better to divide the 70k into 45k & 25K and get a good amp or just stick with the Vypyr 75W & get a guitar that you find suitable & high quality.

6. aeroash

aeroash New Member

i'll stick with the Vypyr for now...but that Yamaha THR10 u mentioned looks really really good...i'm considering that once i get the guitar!

7. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

dude when you get that guitar with the evos installed do post some sound samples.

8. henrynh

henrynh New Member

Cool, I have that amp on my own to-get list of things. The thing to understand about that amp is that it won't work in a gig at all, on its own that is. It's not loud & not exactly designed to be used outside a studio recording/solo practice situation type of thing. It's an Hi-Fi guitar amp that you can practice through with better dynamics than a 15W SS guitar practice amp. It doesn't have a lot of effects oriented features but I like the purpose that its designed for & the recording related stuff you can do with it. If you have intentions of using it with other instruments like a drummer then it will fall short, otherwise it's fine alone.

Have you decided on which guitar to get yet?

I didn't exactly say why I found that vid amusing earlier. The thing in that vid was that the JH600 had the trem replaced with a Kahler trem. They usually sell for $320-$360 something in US, now that would cost around $400-$450 in India after taxes, which brings the total price of the guitar after the upgrade to i think around ~$1450. Then add roughly $140 more for pickup upgrades. Net worth = $1590.00 or Rs.89,040.00. So, in the end don't you think you could have just gotten something better directly at 89k instead of spending more money on something different to bring it to a comparative level?
    Then there is the choice of using the insane mode on the L6 Spider, that pretty much made the comparison useless to me because it's weird someone abroad can afford really expensive guitars & mods, but not have enough to get atleast a Chinese 6505+1x12 combo for playing that kinda music instead of a L6 Spider III on insane mode :think:;)

9. aeroash

aeroash New Member

The JH600 used to be available with a FR earlier and the guitar had different inlays, the newer versions of the JH600 come stock with the Kahler.

that dude is either making mockery of the guitar or the amp...i have no idea...

i finally got the Ibanez S770FM and it's sweet!

10. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

Thats real great
    and don't get diabetes while playing it

11. henrynh

henrynh New Member

Cool. Have fun with it.

If you are referring to me then yeah I consider that video useless for comparing any guitar because of the amp used as the tone generator which sounds like a can of angry bees no matter what he had plugged into it.