Ibanez or ESP

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pranavsg07, Nov 18, 2010.

1. pranavsg07

pranavsg07 New Member

Hi friends I want to purchase my first electric guitar. I have shortlisted the Ibanez GRG 250P and the ESP MH - 50. I have a Laney Cub 10 amp.

Which guitar would be the best choice? I want to have the Floyd Rose Tremolo so please suggest.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I would say none of the above...
    In case you're in Bangalore you can buy mine

3. pranavsg07

pranavsg07 New Member

^^
    sorry i use the whammy bar a lot and i have read reviews that the Ibanez SA 220FM does not remain in tune.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I hate to break it to you dude but no whammy in this price range can afford to stay in tune..

5. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

pranav: dude i have the grg250p nd laney 10 wat amp...
    grg has flyod rose..its cool..esp is also cool but u wud get 22 frets on mh50 i guess nd grg has 24... :D

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Good.

Bad.

Ugly. (but, to give him his due, true as well ;))

OP, I suggest you read the Guide well first.

7. pranavsg07

pranavsg07 New Member

after reading the guide i am feeling confused. I am going to buy from furtados pune and i don't think they keep schecter guitars. so my choice remains between the greg bennett avion av3 and the torino tr3. i also read about the yamaha rgx 121z. it looks good.

any suggestions?

8. ultrabot90

You can go with those without fear.

Schecter...try Bajaao. Or OnStage if you have them there. Ask Furtados too. While those two aren't bad as far as I've heard, it's always nice to have extra options (say if you don't like the feel, etc).

And hey, SB Music has Schecters https://www.sbmusicstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=80 ;)
    (thanks to Rickkky for originally telling me about that site ^^)

9. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

hey greg benett has better tone than ibanez..its a bit on the sweeter side.. ;)... bt r u getting scheter wid whammy bar at ur range...??if u r den im sure to bang my head on the wall..

10. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You mean you were playing Whammy bar on acoustic guitars ... ? !!!

For a first electric guitar, and assuming you are not a "rich dad's spoilt brat", don't get a floating bridge.

If you do, don't intend to use the whammy like Steve Vai.

If you do, don't pretend to sound like Steve Vai.

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Remember a thread long ago where we discussed the use of the whammy arm? I think he took it to heart.

Now that's just harsh.

13. flood

flood New Member

nah, not really.

14. ultrabot90

Now now...he could always mean a jazz box with a Bigsby, y'know. ;)

OP, the models and prices of the cheapest guitar with a working double locking vibrato are written in the recommendations part of the Guide.

15. pranavsg07

pranavsg07 New Member

i don't use the whammy bar on the acoustic guitar. i play my friend's yamaha pacifica 012 and a silvertone(don't know the model no.) guitar.

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Sarcasm motherfukcer, do you speak it?