Ibanez or Aria

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nazr, Jun 15, 2008.

1. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

I played both the acoustics today and couldnt decide which to buy. Dont know the model nos but both cost around 8000. Suggestions would be appreciated.

2. nazr

Also suggest better ones worth 5k .Pluto,gb&a or any other.

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

dnt go for a pluto in da 5k range........gb&a is fyn.... though Yamaha would be da best.....
    i hve neva played an Ibanez or an Aria Acoustic so i cnt tell...........

4. supernic

supernic New Member

I am learning to play on an Aria. Its sound quality is very good and no probs till now.

5. nazr

I tried the yamaha f310 but didnt really like it. Whats wrong with pluto in that range? Any other guitar in that range?

6. angel_of_sin

pluto makes guitars for beginners......its voice, though melodious.....isnt dat good.........when i compare da pluto my friend has to da GB&A i have, i feel something is lacking in da pluto........bt dats just me.........

and da Bass in da GB&A i have isnt dat strong when i play da power chords da strings buzz alot and da sound isnt clear.....i didnt face da problem with Yamaha..........

7. angel_of_sin

^^ btw GB&A has taken out a new range after i had bought da guitar.....so maybe dat problem has been solved........

8. nazr

So its down to either gb&a or pluto. Are both japenese make and which generally is better?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not a fan of either to be honest. If you're looking at the 8k range, the Ibanez might not be bad but I'd have to look at it. I remember seeing a fender for around 9k which was pretty awesome. There's another brand Wharton (I think...I cant quite remember the name but it starts with W) which has guitars in those range.

Don't go for the low end yamahas. I didn't like them at all to be honest. I've played pluto and gba but I personally preferred a Granada over them even though thats a slightly lower range.

I think you should take someone who knows a bit with you to select a piece.

10. nazr

Finally bought a pluto. I tried gb&a too but didnt quite like the fretboard and even the shopkeeper wasnt sure whether it was made in china or india itself.