Ibanez "Made in China" Guitars 'Worthless'?

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by lav, Sep 3, 2007.

1. lav

lav New Member

Hi,

I was planning to buy an Ibanez RG321MH electric guitar from bajaao.com for 18.5k but a music store owner warned me that low end Ibanez guitars are made in China, are bad quality and a total waste of money.

I've read great review of Ibanez RG321 but now m really confused. Is it true??

Does anyone own an Ibanez RG321 or similar models?

Need some help guys.. thanks

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I don't know if the RG321 would classify as a low-end Ibanez. I think it's a mid-segment guitar with the low-end being occupied by the GRG series.

I suspect that the mid-segment RGs (321, 350, 370, 470 etc.) are made either in Korea or Indonesia.

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

my rg550 is a MADE IN JAPAN :)

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

rg321 is a very good guitar in the price range and is not made in china.. i think its made in indonasia or korea.. but its a good quality guitar for the price.. go for it..

5. lav

lav New Member

thanks

thank a lot.. i think i'll go for it.. ;)

6. parag123

parag123 New Member

I have an Ibanez GRG170DX...u can call that an lower end Ibanez.. I bought it for 11K.....Though the pickups arnt very gud for a beginner its an gud guitar...Its a Chineese make....

rg321 is mid segment gud guitar....go for it...

7. srakshit

srakshit New Member

I have a Lee guitar, it is a handbuilt acoustic with flawless action and not a single piece of plastic. In a one-on-one shootout it beat out all except the highest end 4000 dollar Taylors, sounded better than all the Martins and Normans. Master-grade Sitka spruce top with grains tighter than a broom, and solid rosewood backs and sides. Abalone inlays and rosette, gotoh gold tuners with mahogany knobs, one-piece neck, ebony fingerboard and bridge. Plays like a dream and sounds absolutely amazing. As of now a little dull because of the humidity, but damn near perfect when kept in a nice dry place for a couple of days. I love it and would say it was one of the best guitars in the store. It cost me 6000 ringits, or about 72000 bucks.

It's made in China though, so it must be worthless right?

I don't think so - I wouldn't trade it in for anything under the sun. And I didn't know about it being from China till I asked, which was abut an hour after I started playing it.

Play the damn thing!! I keep shouting myself hoarse. A guitar needs to feel right to YOU!!! Other's opinions matter, but guitars are so personal, you have to play them to find out what you like and what you don't.

8. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i totally agree with srakshit^^^^ u like the guitar, the tone , the feel, then go for it> [after taking expert opinions from igt :) ]

9. lav

lav New Member

i just got a mail from bajaao.com confirming that the Ibanez RG321 is manufactured in Indonesia..!

thanks for all the help guys.. Rock n Roll !!!

10. coolguyno1

coolguyno1 New Member

Chinese guitars don't last long ..that is SURE... specially accoustic ones