Ibanez guitars..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cshe108, Nov 17, 2003.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I personally don't like the way JEMs look. I prefer my guitar simple (hence the purchase of my RG). I will agree that most Jacksons look way better than Ibanez guitars. But quality-wise and price-wise you cannot go wrong with an Ibanez (preferably go for RGs...GRXs are not worth the money);

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

a JEM plays really well.. and sounds awesome (i think its got dimarzio evos on it) rgs also play really well - but nothing beats the super wizard II neck on the prestige Rgs.... thats really good.....

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i think Rg prestige rox mostly bcoz they got dimarzio pickups....than the simple PNS 1s of Rg series.

i think JEM looks amazing, especially stevai vai's one where it has wonderful looking inlays.
    jackson definitely rock on looks however, even BCRich warlocks r incredible.

4. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Well, that's the deciding factor, .........cash.......

6. shak

shak Harrr!

LOLzz.....yeah ...love it to bits...noticed that it has string through body....so i can imagine the sweet tone it would make..

7. fictional_real

dats a real beauty...thing is even if u work hard and make some hard cash for these guitars. u would think twice before playing on it....and keep thinking "it looks so beauty in dat case, let it be inside i dont wanna make it dirty"....u know wat i mean.

like i bought this very expensive shoes...however, i was hesitating for a while to wear it and go outside since it will make it a bit dirty.:shock:

8. deathdr_87

@shahrukh - u mean neck through body dont u?

seriously any rg series one is awesome - prestige is even better - the est thing is the super wizard 2 neck......

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^^no ......i DO mean string through body...notice that the string pass through the body..this type of bridging is called string through body...the neck through body is a different thing..

10. deathdr_87

ah yes... i see.... as in the does it ahve some locking system within the body or something?

11. shak

shak Harrr!

i don't know man...to be honest i have never seen a string through body in my life!!..very rare these things...bass guitars with string throug's are pretty common but i never go to the bass guitar side of the shop :) so can't say anything..

12. deathdr_87

strangely ive been coming across many string through body systems in the last 2-3days onlne - doubt that there is any locking system in place..... i think its just got a hook in the body...... some might have a tension spring.

13. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Man, Strats and Teles are string thru body right? And dont tell me you have never seen a Fender!!!

14. shak

shak Harrr!

NO!!...they are not technically string throughs...thier strings pass through the tremolo unit... :) lol i know what you mean...it is very close but there is a difference..

15. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Very informative, this thread:)

16. fictional_real

i have heard ibanez guitars wid tremolo system and locking nut really suck ....wat do u guys think?

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I don't know where you get all this (mis)information. I have an Ibanez guitar with a tremolo system and locking nut and it's great.

18. shak

shak Harrr!

ibanez with floyd rose are the best around (along with jacksons)...dunno why u say this??

19. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

20. fictional_real

i have checked reviews of ibanez rg series....wat i came to know is dat many ibanez rg owner were not happy wid the sound of guitars when it comes to "clean" mode. wat do u guys think.

of course, it might be bcoz it has pns pickups not gr8 ones like dimarzio.

if i had money i wud defenitely go for jackson or higher ibanez like JEM.