ibanez guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amateur123, Nov 3, 2006.

1. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

are ibanez guitars(Ibanez GRG-270) good for classical rock?.......i am confused, many prople have different opinions....suggestions plz...

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

Oh yes dude,i think it should do the trick. I cant say more cause never tried ibanez a lot. But man for the music u are playing as well as if u wnna get dirty then i think this axe is cool. But i think u should think about the FR bridge cause down tuning will be a work out haha. go ahead dude.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

More than your guitar, its your amp as well as pedal/processor which will decide whether its suitable for classic rock or nu-metal.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

dont rush into ibanez...i did that and ended up screwed...make sure u get the guitar checked by some expert...my guitar seemed fine and all...there was just this tiny ding (which Venky , bangalore) said was a scratch and now that scratch is increasing in size...and my guitar has been giving problems non stop since July...if i was you...id wait 10 more days for the esps and pick up a 50 series....IMO stay away from ibanez

5. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

ibanez is good well grg270 can work out good for classic rock but get a gud pedal/pro and a kewl amp don go fr strangers go fr a roland,marshall even if buy a small one it can be good on sound.....don go fr size by looking at strangers or anyone of its cheap counterparts get a gud quality amp

6. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey dude the scratch on your guitar cant be generalised for the whole of iabnez. dude they are amazing guitars- How did you buy it?.
    It does not mean that if you get a ESP you wont find a crack. The crack could have happend at any point of time and dude to a lot of factors.
    Go and get the guitar checked from a pro and get it fixed. i think u wont have any problem.
    what problems do u face?

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i got it checked by 3 pros...and they all said its defective and i have to use my warranty........AND I SAID IN MY OPINION....and after what ive been through...no one should have such a time in there lives ever....i just dont want him to guy buy a DUD by accident and screw his life .....sorry for being harsh but when you pay 27k (my guitar) you expect some quality

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and the problems ive been facing on this piece of crap are:
    1.Floyd not setting because the springs were not getting tight...now thats fixed
    2.The nut saddle keeps moving even though its bolted on...because those idiots at ibanez have stuck a piece of wood under it to give it height.
    3.The neck keeps warping
    4.These cracks keep getting bigger
    5.Theres always a buzz on the frets (dont tell me to adjust the truss because i already got it done)

...........IN MY OPINION....Ibanez suck....at least there cheaper guitars do.....

9. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

what about squire standard stratocaster?...plz suggest some other good guitars where rock,classical rock and blues can be played......do such guitars exit???????????????????

10. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey u cant say that all ibanez are like this - think its your bad luck.when did u get it and how? - Laneymaney.sorry abt this dude can u tell me where u got it?did u buy it in person?

and amature123 - telling you ibanez are really nice guitars. if you need more suggestion - u look out side ibanez too - fender std. these are rock solid as far as i know(even ibanez is solid).

What ever u do. please do go to the shop play the guitars u like and then decide as well as check on it see if its got any visible faults.ok. when u feel comfy then get it.

there are quiet a few squire strat models here so check them all. u might get hold of something really nice.all the best.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

bought it from one idiot called Venky in Rythms,Bangalore

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

For ametuer...do you mind waiting for a week or two...because im buying a guitar too...its ESP/LTD....you could probably check them out at www.espguitars.com. The guitars are coming to www.bajaao.com on the 20th or so... You can order the guitar....and if u dont like its feel send it back within 15 days....so just hang in there bud

13. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

thanks everyone
    @laneymaney

sure man...will be waiting ...thnaks

14. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

amateur where r u from?and r there any good guitar shops around you place. Cause i would keep saying please play the instrument before u decide on it.
    A cheaper guitar could sound much better then the ESPor the LTD. Its all in the make,finish and the final product.
    For laneymaney he has a problem finding a decent guitar shop so his best choice is to get it online. but for u i think if u have great guitar showroom and if they can get hold of guitars from different makers then please go check it out(play them)take your time and decided. ok! what ever your payin for do your best its all that matters.

15. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

i am from hyderabad......i am saying in hostel in chennai....there r good guitar shops here..."sapthaswara musicals"...they have guitar of all good companies...ibanez,fender,squire,...i played them... they seemed good...but i am not able to tell the differrence...this is my first electric...i play acoustic and classical guitar...plz suggest..

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

laneymaney & getshory seem to be running the forum these days :beer:

17. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

amateur- ok i am in chennai dude hahaha how is that. do u want help call me at

18. rohit

rohit New Member

wait and check out the esp's then decide.

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea im really dying here waiting for them to arrive...i keep bugging the guy at bajaao...i dont think i should call him all the time hahaha.....

20. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

@laneymaney hahaha i know dude patient dude hahah. So which one are your looking at?

To amateur - dude call me i will help you out ok.