Ibanez GRX70...good or bad?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chauhan, Mar 20, 2005.

1. chauhan

chauhan New Member

hello everyone!!

i'm a newbie here and an absolute beginner guitarist :) i just bought my first electric guitar. its an ibanez GRX70. so guys, is it a good guitar?

i had told the person who has brought it for me from china to get an RG series guitar but he bought GRX instead. is it better than the RG series?

i realize that any guitar that u get for free is a good guitar :p:

Attached Files:

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It is definitely not better than the RG series. I own an RG370DX myself and have played both a GRX40 and a GRX70 and they are far inferior as far as construction and tonal quality go.

But since you are a beginner, you probably won't find much of a difference. As you improve with your guitar playing you will begin to notice the difference between your guitar and other better quality guitars. Anyway hope you enjoy your new guitar and practice well.

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

RG series is an higher end ibanez guitar whereas GRG is more of lower end. Technically speaking, RG Guitars gives more than what GRG can gives. I have played GRG170 and i am a beginner when it comes to electric guitars, it was chinese make, sounded good (maybe becuz i have no experience when it comes to electric) but i think its defenitely not bad for a beginner.

@DMF...dat guitar was for 12k, it was sounding good. if i had money at dat time i wud have gone for it. i met one guy there, he was experience, when i was asking abt that guitar he came forward and suggested me not to buy dat guitar or if u want to buy it....change the strings.

Wat do u think?

he was trying AX1000G or something....it was for 15k. i was trying my hands on GRG which was connected to AX KORG. it was really amazing, the effects was amazing.

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

ummm the guitar he purchased is a GRX not a GRG. There is a difference. The GRG is a low-end RG. The GRX is a completely different model.

5. fictional_real

oh damn!! didnt read it properly! sorry!

6. chauhan

chauhan New Member

thanx ppl :)

guess i'll have to buy another one later...but until then i'll just practice...practice...practice and try to improve my skills...

7. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

how much was it for

Hi Chauhan,

I will most probably be going to China in April. I want a second guitar for myself, preferably an Ibanez. So I'm just interested which city was this guitar bought in and for how much?

Thanks

Sanjiv

8. chauhan

chauhan New Member

Sanjivdas, it was bought in Chengdu. the musical instruments market is located in front of a music university in chengdu. its a huge market and u can find virtually any kind of musical instrument there.

as far as the price is concerned, i really don't know. reason?? well, it was bought for me by my father in law and he does not want to tell me the price lest i try to pay him for it :p: but still, according to him, prices in the retail market in china are generally quite high but if u buy in bulk, say 5 guitars, then it would be a real steal. it would probably cost u even less than half the retail price.

so best of luck!!

9. fictional_real

GRX 70 costs around 15,000 in Mumbai.
    GRG 170 is about 12k, which i was talking about. Though, it was a chinese make.

10. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Thanks

Chauhan,

Thanks a lot. I will be going to Shenzhen and Guangdong, which are a fair distance from Chengdu, so I'll ask my friend in Shenzhen to start looking in all nooks and corners right now. Also, getting 5 guitars past customs will be a problem, so I think I'll ask my friend to locate a wholesaler.

Thanks once again.

Sanjiv

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@dmf: i think i had only told u a while abck that grx is diff series from grrg - actually - theyre pretty much identical guitar series in diff names - u wont see much of a diff in them....

12. fictional_real

^^^yeah by the looks of it even i thought he is talking abt grg but it is grx. grg has a shark teeth inlays though.

13. jijo

jijo New Member

hey sanjivdas,
    i will be going to shenzen too and wudnt mind somecheap deals if there are........so if possible i wu like to kep in touch with you
    can u email me at yourdeals2@hotmail.com.
    i will be really obliged