Ibanez / Fender exchange anyone?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sjexperience, May 8, 2011.

1. sjexperience

sjexperience New Member

Hi Guys,

This is Steve from West Bengal. Been a guitar fan and learner for some time now. Current gear includes,
    Guitar: Ibanez RG350MDX, ESP LTD EC401VF, GB&A Acoustic Guitar, Peavey Generation ex (Telecaster Copy)

Amp: Squier frontman 10 W, Vox VT15, SoundKing 30 W Amp (dunno the model no ), selfmade tube amp ( 12ax7 X 2 preamp, EL34 power Section X 1)

Effects: POD xtlive, Brown sound in a box pedal, selfmade tube screamer, selfmade fuzz box, Vox wah 845 modded.

I'm pretty happy with my gear, but being more into blues and rock n roll rather than metal all the time, i have been bitten by the fender bug.

Anybody out there interested in exchanging guitars? I need a Fender Strat (MIM) , good condition in exchange for my Ibanez RG350 MDX. The RG is in excellent condition, well looked after, about 4 years old, played only for 2 years (been working elsewhere for the last 2 years) , no scratches, no dents. PM me if interested.

2. flood

flood New Member

aha, a fellow DIYer! tell me more about your DIY stuff. i'm an avid amp and stompbox builder too... and i'm also planning a class A EL34 SE build, biased hot as hell for 12W though. different preamp from yours in all probability.

got a BSIAB II waiting for housing and am a fuzz fiend, here's some of my work: https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/flood81/Stompbox DIY/

3. deepsal

deepsal New Member

holy **** flood
    how did you build the pedal housing considering i am planning to Build an ibanez ts 808 and ts9 clone from net,it seems like i can take help from you guys....
    and your pedal is based of a breadboard or a pcb???

4. sjexperience

sjexperience New Member

hey, the ts i built was a kit sold online in Thailand. PCB and all the components in a plastic bag! for the housing i used a multi purpose electrical plastic box, almost the same size as normal pedals. For the fuzz, i bought the components off the electronics market and used a breadboard , the circuits real simple. Used the same plastic box here too.