Ibanez Effects

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Iraqita_EP, May 30, 2006.

1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Cud sum1 temme wat r tubescreamers and tone-lok effects...i was lookin up effects on the ibanez website and i didnt no wat they wer......also r ibanez effects ane good???
    plus cud sum1 temme wat a footswitch is
    www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/fram...ew the tone-lok etc click on the effects link

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:cry1:
    Footswitcj is used to swithc between channels on an amp.
    Usually and amp will have two channels - clean and dirty (overdrive).

How would you change between them while playing? Not with your hands ofcourse, so you have footswitch which requires your foot (you guesssed it right) to switch the channel.

Tone lock is a feature wherein you can retract the tone knobs.
    Usually stomp boxes have protruding tone knobs.
    So if while stepping on the box you accidentally hit teh tone and gain knob, you ruin the setting.

Retractable knob will prevent that, since there is no knob left (after you press it into the body) to change the settings.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^thanx....r ibanez effects good ?

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ibanez has made some of the most legendary effects ever in the Stompbox History. Ibanez Tubescreamer is the most popular overdrive pedal of all times. The TS808 and TS9 are almost as popular as they were in their vintage version. Tubescreamers are used by SRV to Kirk Hammet to Vai or anybody you think can think off...

Ibanez CS9 Chorus was one of the best Chorus Pedal ever made. Ibanez FL9 was also an excellent Flanger.

The original Ibanez that made the legendary effects were actually made by Maxon and was licensed to Ibanez.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Legendary etc sounds impressive (and ofcourse comes with a huge price-tag) but then he is going to buy in present age, so what about Ibanez taht are manufactured in today's age (Todays designs, not re-issues)?

:p:

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I did not know that... !

@Iraqita Ibanez pedals are legendry... Infact I like their pedals better then thier Guitars, IMO .

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Most of the REAL GOOD stuff is most proabably maufactured by a small manufacturer with THE logo of BIG manufacturer .

Ohh I feel like ranting now..

8. ronnieanand

Even today Ibanez effects are really good. Their Tubescreamers are always a magic and their CS9 and FL9 and also their AD9 Analog Delays are still good..

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Rant baby Rant ...... we wanna know all bad things about Ibanez in particular, and big time "manufacturers" (lol hardly anyone of them manufactures, these are all amrketing companies) in general.

10. ronnieanand

Yes....Even take your favourite toothpaste or anything...It will say Mfd..some small time factory whose address is right behind your house but Marketted by Colgate Palmolive and licensed by George Bush, used by Saddam Hussain and eaten by Osama Bin Laden marketing shit to it....

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL I know.
    But similarly we should know about these pedals too.

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) yeah but these are hard fact, most people still dont belive ......

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

thanx guyz.....wat bout ibanez amps.....and do u no wer i can find out the price of all ibanez stuff......in mumbai and delhi

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I know nothing abouth their amps...But I guess they should be OK....Given the level of reputation they have They deintanly wont make something Crapy.. at least not the whole Line up of amps...But I dont hear much abouth their amps...

15. ronnieanand

Then....Why do they make these Crappy Guitars....All their GRX series, RG270, RG370, RG470 are thorough craps......

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    To Some people those are the best guitars in the market.

Its all relative perception.

Ibanez amps are not so well known simply because they have not been marketed properly. You need a guy like Blackmore, Vai or Satch to endorse a product.
    Only then ppl remember it.

17. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I don't quite agree with you on that. For the value, I think their guitars are quite good. and what is crap for someone need not be crap for others. I'm sure other Ibanez owners would agree with me. The GRX, GRG etc is as crappy as a Squier, in fact I admire Ibanez for keeping the same brand for lower end guitars too. Anyway, not going into detail, I really don't think Ibanez make crappy guitars for the price. Most companies make good guitars at the high end. All companies make crappy guitars too, just that they give names like squier and epiphone and OLP etc. Ibanez just keps its name at the low end too.

18. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

So thats Y both the pedals look the same,i thought maxon ripped ibanez:eek:: and wondered y they werent sued yet:p:

while i was on Zzounds , customers have rated the digitech BadMonkey(Overdrive) a 9.6 while all the ibanez tubescreamers don get above 8:think:

19. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

wht r the cost of ibanez tubescreamers (indian currency) ?

20. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^ a LOT^^^