IAS or IIM...??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by anshphenomenon, Oct 17, 2005.

1. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

ok..
    agreed that an IAS officer wont have much to do here...(delhi)

but IAS officers are also famous.like.Jagmohan,,Nirupa roy...all these ppl r IAS officers.
    and the recently conducted india-germany submarine deal was also signed by the sceretary ministry of defence..IAS again..

so both r famous, MBA grads are well known,maybe due to larger dealings with foreign collabs..but IAS is known to diplomats of other countries...

i think both r equally good...its up to the individual choice..

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

methinks best is IPS ...

:grin:

what say dudes?

u have undisputed power ... morally corrupt totally ... having no concience (so u wont feel guilty) ...
    have all the nexus with the influencial ppl ... u wont have to actually bow down to politicians coz u are the one who controls all the goondas (so the politicians actually stay in your good books) ...

u can push around ppl ... including those MBA snobs anywhere atleast in India ...
    saalon ko joote se raundh sakte hain ... ;)

u can harass as many ppl as u want ... (and since u dont have any concience - as i said earlier - u wont feel any guilt too)

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL TOTAL HEDONIST LIFESTYLE ... YEAH!!!

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nah...but im targetting tht....will be giving GMAT smtime early 2006

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

agreed with jekyll 100%

IPS is gr8!!sab darte hain usse...
    IAS with out a higher rank or cadre maynot be as good as an IPS...

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@wizrd..cool, but y go to ISB if u are gonna be spending so much...?? dint u consider going abroad
    ?

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I hav some options opened abroad too....its basically the cost of living that im concerned about....some univs abroad give scholarships to asians if you apply quite early but still its a lot...and I want to stay in India later on....and spending so much money, going abroad and coming back does not make any sense to me.