I Wish

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by CrYpTiC_angel, Sep 17, 2005.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Then are you trying to say that there is no good or bad subjective to writing? Then how is it that a single poet can appeal to millions while someone else might write something about the same subject and not be appreciated at all?

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well the same argument cud be extended for music too ...
    y is it that some genres of music are better apperciated by the public than others ...

does that make one better than another?

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@bjr

you didnt like my poem, dats fine... :eek:: it's not exactly my fav either, i jst meant dat it solved it's purpose 4 me (i did feel better after writin it) so i'm not gonna edit it and make it better or something at d moment, i'd rather 4get it n move on....

i'm not sayin i'm gud.. but.... how unfair of u 2 judge me like dat!! :mad:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

But I did not judge you like that. But would you not want to be better if you could be? I'm just saying that if you could make the transition that helps you capture your emotion in a more focussed way, it would automatically make you a much better writer than you already are. This goes for every writer. There are no exceptions.

I apologize if you felt bad about my saying it. That was not my intention. Perhaps my choice of words was bad. What I should have said would be "The difference between you and a better you".

This would have certainly been a valid argument if I hadn't included something specifically so that I would be correct for all arguments on this statement. You missed the most important part of teh post I made.

You see the same subject analogy ensures that I would be talking about artists in the same genre in music. Would you not agree that there are certain bands in certain genres that you find crappy whereas some you find very good? It is the same thing here.

I hope nobody here feels that I am "arguing" with them...I prefer to call it a discussion, and in my opinion discussion is as important an aspect of writing as the poem itself.

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@bjr

k.. dude... i got wat u meant......

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Also, I'm not actually asking you to do anything to the poem.

Remember what me or anyone else has to say is an outside opinion....we are just trying to give you ideas. Whether you accept them or not is entirely upto you. Some of my ideas will be good and others will be awful. It is what you like that you should accept...and even then only if you want to.

What matters more than anything else is your own opinion. If you like it the way it is, thats fine. Just listen to what I have to say but don't do anything about it. If at any point of time you think you want to try and change it, you can just have a look at what I've said and see if there's any suggestion there worth taking.

And don't worry, I will never "judge" you. It is not for me to judge anyone but myself.

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

awright! cheers... :)

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

the poem pattern dounds/seems like savage garden lyrics!:grin:

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:RollLol: .