I want to learn guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arindamc, Jul 3, 2006.

1. arindamc

arindamc New Member

I am Arindam Chakraborty, stay at Bhayender(E) Mumbai-400105. I wish to learn guitar in my weekend , I have no idea, never played guitar , I know it may sound funny, but can anyone please guide me how to go about it !! I've to start from ZERO.

Waiting for your mail.

Thanks & Regards
    Arindam

2. basit_jaaaani

basit_jaaaani I'm gUnnin' fer uuu

hey buddy first off lemme make one thing clear for u, ""I wish to learn guitar in my weekend "" that's impossible. if you wanna learn guitar startin from scratch u gotta give it a good 6-8 months of sheer practicing. to get started read the HOW TO READ GUITAR TABS article to understand how to read the guitar notes.
    but you're gonna need two very important things, TIME and PATIENCE

3. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

@arindam ... u can learn guitar in ur weekends ...
    actually i started off lyk dat only ...
    but frm den it became kinda passion ...
    n i can't help but spend more time wid it ...

i'm a bengali new in mumbai ... i wish 2 go 2 a guitar teacher here 2 brush up my guitaring ... lets c if i get sum help here ... :beer:

4. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Wrong forum dude. Post this in Beginners Q & A forum.

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

ur REALLY trying to be mod, arent u?

if not, then i bet ur neo in diguise :p:

6. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Dude, did u think about the option to go to a music teacher?
    Go to a teacher for 2 months, if all goes well u will continue going to the teacher and develop ur guitar skills.

If not, you will get frustrated and start learning urself.

He is excited about the site, want to be a mod may be. If the spirit continues, then better they should make him a FL

I bet he isn't Neo in disguise. Coz Neo won't post a keyboard forum link (this guy did it on Misc instrument thread)

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^oh yeah.. didnt notice that it was the same guy.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, there is nothign like having a good "teacher"
    I say teacher in quotes coz you dont need to have a real teacher, maybe a frend who knows guitar to get you jump-started.

It works. The thing that matters is that you need to be physically present in order to learn stuff.
    Over the internet you can only learn more about things new to you. It is very difficult to actually illustrate the technique over the internet (unless someone posts pics and vids)

Eh, why?
    :think:

9. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

^^

If Neo posted the link, it would remain. But iprakash posted -not just the link, whole post was removed!

10. shourjya

shourjya New Member

i thought no email ids and phone nos were to be posted on the forum..a moderator was after my life when i put in my email id .so why doesnt ne1 go after the fellow who started the thread!!!

11. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Oye kaun neo :p: Its me only iprakash. Its only that I am not happy the way people are polluting forums, so I'm trying to do my bit. I really raised the concern in this thread. Check it out. The admins/mods closed the thread today :shock:

Now it would be very nice to have perms to move threads to the right instead of posting in each thread and occasionally marking posts as bad. That's for the mods to decide.