i want to buy a guitar amplifier... need list

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by +HeRo+, Dec 27, 2008.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

buy a stranger cube 20 which comes to around 2.5 K, unless you want something for band practice. If so you could get a cube 40 or 80. These strangers have 3 inputs so you can plug in more than one instrument, which is ideal for band practice. So no need to lug around individual amps for ecah guitar/ bass.

If you are just doing bedroom practice, 20 watts is more than enough. infact it would be enough for practice with drums.

So my advice is to buy the cheap amp and put the money into a better processor/guitar.

But if you are entirely sure that you wouldnt play in a band situation, you could skip the processor and buy a good amp like the Vox(abt 13 K)

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

its alright till da bedroom practise part............bt honestly how often would u press a button to switch on or switch off overdrive during a song?????????i suggest u go for a stranger 40w which is ohk for band practise bt gud for bedroom practice.....if u wanna totally buy an amp for band purposes go for stranger 80w..............

3. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Stranger cube20=2.5k orStranger ns30=4.5k
    line 6 floor pod=11k
    perfect combo.

4. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

u may also wanna try out line6 spider III 15

6. distorted

distorted satan

Tried ibanez GRGs??

7. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

yeah iw atched them... dont seems to be good enough

8. distorted

distorted satan

Ibanez RG321? If u can stretch ur budget to arnd 20-22 have a luk at cort VX-2V, flying V shaped...

9. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

ok i watched this guitar seem good for wat price it is ?

and i love v shape guitar but eh budget dont allows

10. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

i love metal.. rock.. and nice solo sounds from guitar....... so can greg bennet av3 produce that??

it is having to 2 humbucking pickups.. are they enough??
    is it a best buy .. oh comon.. tell lpz.

one more thing i have seen many guitar with a curved liver coming out of their bridge watz it?? is it benefital.... i saw it in the ibanez rg321

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Once and for all:
    HERO: if you are keen on buying a Roland AMP, then there is not much sense in buying a processor. This would happen, if you want t0 play at home. Your Roland amps would give rudimentary effects and some distortion too.

If you have plans of playing live in gigs, you WILL require a processor. Say Boss or Digitech.
    In that case, you don't need to buy a Roland AMP. You can plug your processor to cheap amp like STanger or Kustom, or plug it into your PC speakers.
    While playing live, you can plug the processotr directly to PA system/

Now don't go into the whys and hows. This is how it goes.

12. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

ahh.. thats the the way aha aha i like it...
    thx... for for support..

13. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

btw so .. i think i must go for greg bennett av3 + diitech rp250 + stranger 80 watt amp.... [ any other in that rate ?? then lpz. tell but a good one]

14. falcon74

falcon74 New Member

@Hero,

That curved lever is the "Tremolo arm", using which you can do the "bends" and "drop bombs", look those up. While you could do "bends" without tremolo-arms, drop-bombs without one, are supposed to be pretty difficult and uncommon.

15. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

ok
    ok.........