i want to buy a guitar amplifier... need list

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by +HeRo+, Dec 27, 2008.

1. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

hey.. i'm looking for a guitar amlpifier under Rs 6500 :)

plz. tell me.. i'm planning to buy greg bennet av3 and digitech rp250.. :nw:

so tell a soothing amplifier....

currently me having accoustic guitar - hobner 265 model.... :aggre:

plz. tell the best amplifier under Rs 6500 :please:

2. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

U got two options:
    marshall mg15cdr- 5.8k
    Roland cube 15- 6k
    or marshall mg15dfx for 7k.

3. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

hmmmm

i liked the roland cube 15x

i would go for it..
    but tell me.. can i connet my digitech rp250 with it.. to get the sound......??

and it also give only the processed sound from the digitech rp250 .. i mean that roland must not add any efects to it.?

plz tell....

4. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Yes u can. The roland has two channels..clean nd Odrive.so unless od channel is selected it wont add any effects to the o/p.
    So when u cnt the rp250 to it, clean channel shud b selected.

5. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

huh?

huh ??!!??

u mean that....

i can connet digitech and get digitech sound if the clean channel in roland is on

and if the effect channel is on in roland then no need for digitech ?

6. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Man u r confused!!
    Rp250+ roland(clean)=effct of rp250.

Rp250+ roland(od)= u dont do tat.
    Just get the amp,proc nd guitar nd start playing...stop worrying :p

7. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

ok thx.. for clearing doubts i think me going for roland

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

wrong

Rp 350+roland clean =effect of RP+effect of roland.

If you want purely the sound of the Rp then you should use a flat voiced amp like the stranger. Another option is to use the amp modelling on the Roland and use the processor for effects or vice-versa. But mixing the Amp models on both wont do you any good.

Technically you dont need a processor if you are using a Roland cube. It has all basic effects that yu would need. But that being said the cube would be hard to use in a live situation. I dont think the cube has a foot switch for changing channels and it definitlu lacks the foot pedal for Wah.

So if you are just going to be playing in the bed-room(andyou dont need wah) you would need just the roland. If you are planning to play live then i suggest that get the RP(or a much better proc with the extra 6 K) and a stranger(which would be more than enough for practice over drums. ). I am not saying that the roland will sound too bad just that it would be a waste of money.

9. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

now i m confused..
    Plz enlighten me on tat.
    I do agree wit u abt stranger amp..since theres no need of OD when u hav a proc.nd the foot pedal thing.

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The clean on a roland amp is not the same as the stranger or similar flat voiced amps like your PC speaker or stereosystem. The clean channel is modeled after some low gain amp like the Roland JC or the Fender twin reverb. The modeling means that the amp cut out some frequencies of the audio signal or in other words "colors" the tone. The stranger on the other hand does(or tries) an exact reproduction of the input signal.

So if you plug in a proc to the stranger it reproduces exactly (or tries to reproduce) with amplification, the processed/"colored" tone coming from the processor without any input form its side.
    A guitar amp on the other hand "colors" the tone form the Proc. This is not necessarily a bad thing(infact that what an amp is supposed to do), But since the both of them (Proc and The Roland) are digital modelers the results may not be very pleasing.

Another point is that if you set your proc patch/tone with a roland and then plug it into a mixer at a live setup expecting to get the same sound you will be in for a bad experience. Ive known people who do that and the resulting tones are extremely shrieky and high pitched.

If you are just going to use the amp just for practice and use the processor to the desk in live situation then getting a roland or laney would be a waste of money. You would be much better off with a stranger.

11. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

^cool.
    Thx.

12. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

wat ambush said is right ....its da same problem wid da marshall........processors like digitech RP series and zooms are far better off wid strangers amps dan wid roland, laney or marshall.................unless u wanna go for amps lyk messa or diesel its bttr to go for stranger 80 watt(6.5k) or 100 watt (8k)..........

13. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

oh yeah 100w powerfull...

but ambush roland also have clean and averdrive channels...

and stranger also having clean and distrotion channels

then how can stranger a better option??

me confused till now.. :confused:

14. overtone

overtone New Member

whats with all those unnecessary smiley's...

15. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

da 100watt and 80 watt ones dun hve over drive unless u ask for em.............

16. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

Marshall Rocks!!
    rp sounds kewl with marshall coloring!!

I personally have a zoom707II n i love the sound on Marshall 15W DFX. Got it for 7k!

I used to play on stranger, n always felt something was missing. Marshall colored me!!

17. distorted

distorted satan

^But the settings you now love on your processor may not sound gud when u play live or on different amps... Coz your amp 'colors', others may not...
    So in case u r planning to play onstage, go fr flat amps, exactly as ambush said... He has made evrything very clear, its upto u to decide what to get, based on where u want to play.

18. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

guys.. in other words give me the exact amplifer with brand and product name and its cost too.....

19. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@hero
    100watts...hmm...do u need tat much??think abt it.

20. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

well me tatally new for amplifiers i have been playin accoustic guitar now i want a elec. guitar so obviously nede a a amp... so tell the best i told u my budget budget is 7000 k