I want the Perfect Processor/Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by watchtheclock, Aug 25, 2006.

1. watchtheclock

watchtheclock New Member

HI !

I read many of the threads but didn't find requisite information for myself !
    I am an INTERMEDIATE Guitarist and am planning to upgrade my Gear now. First in the list will be my processor. Right now I am using ZOOM505II.. which is good but not good enough ! Right now I have an Ibanez GRG270 and an IBANEZ Amplifier. So can you please suggest me what exactly should i go for..
    BUDGET IS 10000 - 15000 or a bit more.

Current Gear

1. givson Blue diamond ( don't use it nomore)
    2. Ibanez GRG270
    3. ONe old ****ed up amp.
    4. Ibanez amp.
    5. Zoom 505II

Looking for a new processor/pedal.. friends recommend Korg AX1500G
    Need heavy distortion (something like Atreyu).. Wah WAh (metallica).. and clean solo patch(one like pantera)..

BUDGET _ 10000 to 15000 (+2000 at most)

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

why not try out stompboxes for it?
    for the distortion there's the boss mt2 or the ehx metal muff (dunno about this one though, its probably not there in india)
    for wah you have the crybaby or similar

but the AX1500G is good as well. plenty of patches, 5 switches + expression pedal. it should do the job

look into the zoom g9.2tt also

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

if ur into stompboxes......den go for digitech hot-head if u want general distortion wid wich u can play variety of songs........for wah der is the original dunlop crybaby and the newer one......there is a digitech whammy pedal also

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

KORG AX1500 doesnt have very hi-gain sounding tones.
    Somehow I felt Boss processors sounds much more fierce and hi-gain.

Get a Boss GT-6. Used one Should be around 16K.

Well actually you can consider KORG AX3000G too. Its better than KORG AX1500, and brand new one costs around 16K

5. watchtheclock

watchtheclock New Member

Hey Man.. Are You sure KORG AX3000G is for 16Grand.. If yes, Then I am definitely going for that one. BUt, I live in Delhi and the prices can differ !! But how good is AX3000G.. ? ?

6. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

korg ax3000g is definitely better than the 1500g.plus its better than most processors in the market now....its got some very good tones...and its selling for 15.5k at bajaao.com...

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ See :)
    Ax3000G is for 16K.

But if you can get second hand Boss GT-6 for same amount, it will be good.

Many people find Boss processor tones slightly harsh. You may like that "harsh "tone.
    Hence, check that one out too.