I wanna upgrade from Acoustic to Electric

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amit82cse, Aug 13, 2005.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Hello guyz,

I wanna buy Electric Guitar. I am visiting Seattle (US) next week and was wondering if electric guitars are cheap there? Does anyone know good guitar shop in seattle? Also what will be the approximate cost if i buy in India? Which brands i should look for (like Givson in acoustic)?

I dont have any knowledge of Electric Guitars so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. sambitsatpathy

sambitsatpathy New Member

hi amit,
    here in the gear forum there are stickies which give the pricing lists available for all brands and various models.... i guess in the listing, the shops are in mumbai and delhi mainly. If you are planning to stay in US for some time, whcih I guess you are going to do, I would suggest to become a member of the nearby public library. You would find much sources of written music, instructional dvds and stuff like that.

one imp thing, pls cehck it with your air carrer before hand(in case you know abt your return journey) wheather they wd allow yuo to bring a guitar with you. i have read on the net that this thing is not so easy.you may have to buy a hard case and ship the same with your cargo. some airliners allow you to take your guitar with you and you may request the air hostess to keep the same in the cloak comapartment. just check this site https://www.ringmusic.com/tips/travelcare.html. i'd advise you to just do a bit of research b4 hand to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

(i)give a look in yellow pages. these are distributed freely to all people here. will be/wd've been delivered to your apartment.
    (ii)search in google.com with your zipcode.
    (iii)some guitar shops that i found on websites of guitars like fender.com and gibson.com are below. if you could go to any of those shops you can get address of others. there are many shops who also keep used ones. you can enquire about the same from the sales persons in the shop. even they give you cahnce to play and test before you buy.

American Music(Carries Fender,Gibson and others)
    4450 Fremont Ave N.
    Seattle, WA 98103
    Ph: 206 633 0465
    Fax: 206 633 1419
    ====================
    Guitar Center Incorporated
    530 Westlake Ave. North Seattle,WA98109
    Phone:(206) 287-9100
    Fax:(206) 340-0056
    Web: www.guitarcenter.com
    Products:Gibson USA, Epiphone, Acoustic, Strings & Accessories, Custom Shop, Memphis, OAI, Labs
    =====================

have a good trip.

regds
    sambit

:beer:

3. amit82cse

Thanks @sam. This info is great.

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

try a FENDER SQUIRE STRAT ! costs 100$

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

squeirs are quite a waste of money... wats ur budget neways?
    u might end up with a good fender usa start for as little as 600 dollars

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

as little as 600$ !!!

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

for fender usa - thats cheap...

8. amit82cse

I dont want to invest more than 200 USD. Even open to second hand as well.

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I am in Seattle. Check out Guitar Center in Kirkland - they have some good guitars even used! Or you might want to try https://seattle.craigslist.org search under musical instruments - you might find someone selling a good guitar cheap at times...generally in the Seattle area. Hope this helps!

10. amit82cse

I'll try, thanks.