I wanna learn new chords

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ambuj, Mar 18, 2005.

1. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

Hey guys... which is the best way to go about leaining new chords? I have been playing for around 4+1/2 years, but my knowledge of chords is still not much more than that of majors, minors & 7ths. I've found a few chord charts on the net. I basically want to know that once a learn a new chord, what should I do to know more about its usage, i.e. where and how should it be used and stuff.

Also, my knowledge about music theory is quite low. Can anyone suggest any books that might help in this regard and where to find them in Mumbai? This site is really helpful and the stuff posted by Dennis was awesome, but I wanna go a little further on my own now...

Thanx

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

Well its strange that u have spent ur 4+ yrs playing guitar and u ur not familier with much chords......

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

thts prbably bcoz maybe he hasnt really taken ny sort of serious guitar lessons... jus plays guitar 4 fun.. u kno.. whenevr he feels like he jus picks up his guitar and tries somethin... hardly spends half n hour a day.. maybe hardly plays his guitar once or twice in a week.. tht was me guessin :)

prblm with not takin ny sort of lessons is tht aftr sometime u get saturated.. and dont kno wht more 2 play.. its da same stuff all ovr agn..

@ambuj...
    download a software calld Chord Wizard 2.0... u can use it 10 times.. aftr tht ur trial period gets ovr n u hav 2 buy it.. it has got an awesome theory on guitar.. go 2 the tutorials section there and u wil find it.. my trial period is ovr.. but b4 it got ovr .. i saved all the tutorial pages in jpg format :grin:.... *smart* :grin:
    or u can ask me.. i'l post the stuff here... actually not sure whthr its ok 2 post here.. in case the mods hav an objction 2 postin lessons frm a s/w.

4. yogeshkohli

yogeshkohli New Member

well can u gimme a link to download this software

5. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^ yeah .... seems useful...its about 11 months since i picked up the guitar for the first time...i wanna learn new chords too....:):)can u gimme the link..

6. Subhro

Hi Hardik.. if u wana learn new vhords there r othr s/w-s too.. i can giv u those.. the one i was talkin abt.. it has got a good collection of chords too.. but wht i like the most is the theory part.. its a gr8 for newbies like me who hav no clue to major scales and etc etc..

7. Hardik

how do you do that???? :think: :eek::

the software is awesome...and yeah ..the theory part is great... :rockon:

8. Subhro

oh just get a screenshot (print screen) & save it in mspaint.
    if u need thm i'l giv thm 2 u.. or u may do it urself 2..

9. Hardik

ok ok.... thanks subhro...i'll try myself first....;):):)

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

dudes!!...stop crapping..hes got a very valid question!.
    ambuj, read the chord theory articles here.

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

man u need to learn the Basic theory.....then chord (which u havent learnt yet) then Scales
    u actually need a teacher.....

12. Subhro

whoz crappin dennis.. ?? there r vry good chord theory articles here.. but they r kinda scattrd & not in a propr sequence.. the s/w i was talkin of has the theory frm the scratch & xplains tht in a beautiful mannr.. so no1's crapping dude.. and ambuj does hav a valid qs.. no1's objectin 2 tht too. so chill.

ambuj likes this.
  13. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

@Subhro, thanks for the software suggestion, it is simply great! The music theory is explained in a very simple and interesting manner, thanks a lot.

@Dennis, Yeah, I'm reading the tuts too, they're quite helpful

Subhro likes this.
  14. Subhro

u r welcome dude. all da best !

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ subhro..can u gimme d link too??
    thanx in adv

tahda!!