I wanna learn Guitar Step By Step

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by nadish, Feb 24, 2005.

1. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hi All!

My dear IGT fellows! Actually I want to learn guitar step by step. I've searched a lot of websites that offers tutorials of guitar but on every site I found that every 1 starts form a new point, some starts with chord, soe with pinger picking. so I'm little confused about from where I start to learn guitar.

Can any1 you tell me step by step Like
    lesson#1 = Finger picking

E---------------------------------
    B---------------------------------
    G---------------------------------
    D---------------------------------
    A---------------------------------
    E---------------------------------

and so on

Can ne1?????

I will be highly thankful to you.

Bye n regards

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

1st of all u gotta tell us what all u know, then what u wanna learn and finally what kind of music u want to play.

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Hey, I think this thread can be a lot of help to the new comers! I know a bit of guitar. I know about 16 basic chords and a few song tabs. And now I want to know the things step by step. And what I need to learn after this??
    Hey' some one take up the charge and make a few posts out here. And give a regular lesson STEP BY STEP!!
    Thanks ALL.!

4. nadish

nadish Active Member

Dennis! I know GCD and E majpr chords, but still having problem in jumping from 1 chord to another. (I hope u understand what I wanna say). And I can play some easy tabs like solo and intro of "Aadat" and I can also play National Anthum of Pakistan and some more easy tabs. And I know Up Slides, Down Slides, Pull Up and Hamer ons. Ok tell me is it necessary to learn chords???? can't we learn guitar without Chords, I mean in solo or some intros of the song there are only tabs i've listen.

Plz tell me what to do now

5. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

nadish... it needs practise.. 18 months ago i knew nothing.. no chords, no tabs, no basics.. almost empty head i had.. jus try to play what ever you find easy and try to improve it... dont worry about what is hot and what is not.. i mean what is easy and all..

jus try to get hold of chords.. try to learn atleast 3 chords a day.. and dont worry for the speed of changing chords.. it will improve with time..

once again... if nothing else then try to learn 3 chords a day

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah, practise practise practise. Thats it, in no time chord transtition will be a breeze.

7. only one magic formula : PRACTICE

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

You mean "3" chord a day????? Oh God!!!!! Thats tooooooo difficult... Ok tell me how many chords are there????

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

okie guys for learning the tabs

the best song to learn,,,i think Is th " HOTEL OF CALIFORNIA " by EAGLES
    (that was my first song to learn)

10. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hey Jazz! tell me from where can I get or download this song and its tabs/chords wat ever???