i wanna learn bengali

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by madhura, Nov 29, 2004.

1. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

hi friends... i want to learn bengali ....
    can somebody suggest me good websites ....or teach me few basics here??? ....

what do you say?

2. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

i can teach u bengali ... but me not too interested in marathi ....

As for websites i have never needed help from and would therefore be unable to help you but google always helps ... :)

i say thats a deal ... ;)

3. madhura

4. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

why are you so desperately in need of lessons in bengla anyway, i can't help but wonder....

5. apratim.mitra

exactly what i was wondering too ... :think:

6. madhura

coz i love to learn diff. languages....
    but i know very few :( ..... ok sorta spanish and italian (beginner) .... n bengali sounds very sweet, shotti .....
    clarification : my boyfriend is not bengali :)

7. madhura

ok i removed "desperately" and begging emoticon from my post .....

8. Sonali

lol, thanks for the "clarification", that part really helped get me off the wrong path :)

9. apratim.mitra

Is this the effect of watching Devdas then ???? The cliched reference to "Shotti bolchhi ... " has probably given you away ... :)

10. Menon

Menon New Member

Hahaha...
    Ki Aprotim dada..ki bolchhi? Kamon?? I've a few Bangla friends and have been to Cal a coupla times..it's wa wonderful language, the place is brilliant..the food is mind blowing and the BOng Women..ohmygawwd!!I'm quite a language buff myself..so I wouldn't mind pickin it up myself..my reportoire includes Malayalam, Tamil, a lil Kannada, Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, again a lil, Bangla, I'm pickin up and the Arabic script...
    This is something I'm really proud of, so if you guys are gonna go sayin things like I'm a showoff n things..you can go right ahead..!!!:)
    Cheerio
    Menon

11. apratim.mitra

Well for starters you are quite amazing at exaggeration ... :) ... I live in the place and believe me its not all rosy like you might think ...

as for you being a language buff ... thats pretty cool ... to round it off you should try out some european stuff ... ;)

enjoy :rock:

12. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

nice one... even me wud like to learn the language..
    i admire bengali females... they have long sexy hair.. i have a frnd of mine and i alwaz say that to her.. lolz...
    newaz even i wud like to learn if someone helps out.. hihiih

13. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

most of us here are bilangual, or atleast i think...well than i think that should be more than enough u already know enough languages...well i can speak Hindi, Rajashthani, Gujarat, Punjabi, Arabic ( does English count) ;)

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Wow, i'd love to learn bengali too. My best friend is one, and when i go to his house i dont understand a thing of what they're saying to each other. I get really uncomfortable cause i have no way of knowing if they're talking about me:p:

15. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

hey me too... disturbed the same is my case.. i wanna learn too but here no one is helping with even one word... plz teach us...
    with some easy simple words plzz...

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Yeah folks, start us out with simple sentences and day-to-day phrases.

17. Sonali

here are some easy day to day sentences....hope it helps....:beer:

I love you = ami tumake valo bashi

how are you? = apni kamon achen?

I'm fine = ami valo achi

I want to kick you = ami tumake latthi marte chai

18. suchacutename

suchacutename New Member

hey all,

wow this is gr888..i been looking for some thing like this from quite some time. my net sister speaks bangla and its nice to talk to her in bangla at times. hey can any one of u trans a hindi song for me.. its pholo ka taro ka sub ka kehna hai,..i would really love to sing her that in bangla on her birthday..:)

19. Sonali

i should start a new thread titled "I wanna learn Hindi" lol, if i understood hindi then i could help...i'm not sure abt how that song goes, my guess is something like "pholair, tarar, shobar kotha" :confused: thats how i'm translating it but i'd bet it's wrong......if you can translate it to english then i'd be happy to translate it to bengali for you you.....

20. apratim.mitra

Hey Sonali u got it all wrong ... thank goodness i understand hindi better than u ... :)

@sucha ... the first line would go something like this ...

Phool aar tara shobai boley ...

give me the lyrics of the full song and then maybe i can help u ... ;)