i wanna buy a bass

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ariesonthenet, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ariesonthenet

ariesonthenet New Member

hi all,
    i wanna learn playing a bass, so i wud like to know which is the guitar i shud invest money in so tht i dont buy another guitar 4 the nxt 4-5 yrs........ cud u plz tell me the detials as in the money for each and wat is the variation 4 the price difference..........deciding is taking a long tym as i am not equiped with the complete info. on this...plz reply asap

NB: i dont know to play a guitar, wanna start off wid a bass( if tht actually matters)

2. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

hey,
    i play guitar but im starting on bass too. any bassies arnd?

btw i did a li'l research...found the ibanez jumpstart pack reviews interesting and the fender squier jazzbass. other than that java bass was the option.
    rite now im inclined towards the ibanez offer as atleast the squier guitars suck..though i dun know abt the bass...it had equally good reviews.
    no info abt the java basses. but they are pretty common so ppl here cud tell us maybe.

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

one thing to do. pm debankan.

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I think most bassists start with guitar and then move on to bass.

and its not as easy as it looks
    ive tried

5. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

@ ambush, it is easier..ive played, just takes a while to get used to to the thicker strings thats all.
    a lot of ppl dont play bass in our country..coz they dont know abt it..thas y ppl start with guitar n move on to bass..otherwise its nothing like that.

@sayan, debankan? leave me an offline mssg on yahoo