i tell u - u tell me about pakistani ROck...or just music.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Nov 18, 2005.

1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey guys , had this thought.

i wanto know allot about pakistani rock and tell stuff about it as it is the only thing that i listen to these days. So i thought of startin this thread where u guys can answer my question and me or someone else can answer ur questions.

If u dont like the idea then kindly dont post in this thread. PLZ be serious about what u say as it will also help others to get some nice info. PAk BANds :rock:

here i start , my questions.....

PLZ tell me about the band members and bio of the underground band KAIN.

WHO is the lead guitarist of eP ,(not Xulfi , i thinkl there is no lead guitaring in it)

DOES the song HAMESHA by eP require TWO drummers( or arer really 2 drummers playing ;) )

WHO played the drums in the song MAIN NA MANOON by RIFF.

HOW many bands HAVE SALMan Albert, waqar ali , XULfi as their band members or Sessionists?>

MIZRAAB......bio? ( i know all bout FARaZ anwar SO not him)

WHo has sung the song RUBBERBAND BY RUBBeRBAND (is whole song sung by SALMAN in all those diff voices of ALI noor(noori) , SHAFaqat ALI (FUZON) , ALI AZMAT(JUnoon),

thatz all for now , i have a lots more. u can post urs , but let someone answer these first.......u try if u can? :beer:

2. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

answers to some of the ques.

concerning E.P... me thinks It probably is Xulfi( coz he's the one who usually plays the solos)
    Hamesha....i heard (in an interview)..that synthasized drums were used in the song and not played live.... anywayz it requires only one drummer (saw a live show of their's)
    ....salman...waqar,Xulfi ...play in bands managed by Xulfi i.e. jal(waqar,salaman for drums), Call etc....(maybe they play in more)

mizraab...go to mizraabianz.com

think the siong's sung by ahmed ali butt ansd salman

3. ak&guitar

M_waleed86......

thanx dude so much.................

what the video shows two drummers and nobody played the drums:RollLol: and people say that Ep make the best music.......on fruity loopsss....:RollLol:

thanx for the site

is ahmed ali butt the guy who raps in eP>?

4. m_waleed86

^^well...E.P dpes make some of the best music (in pak!)....if you can ...get a hold of some of theirs live shows..they have also released a DVD know as Irtiqa Unplugged...which con tains the videos of the live shows they have played in......

yup it is ahmed ali butt who "rapes" the rap in E.p

5. ak&guitar

i cant buy it as me not in pakistan; can you tell from where i can download the live shows of eP? Otherwise why dont you send me their cds?:p:

Waise i have heard they make a mess of their live shows. Only the head-banging is very good! Well you must know better as you have been to their live shows. Tell me how the other bands are in their live shows; namely
    Jal, MHB, MizraaB, Noori, Aaroh, Mizmaar, Call(worst live performers ever?), Atif...

6. m_waleed86

describing each one is goona take a log time...

one to two lines each...(my views)

JAL: Sound= Good
    Performance= mediocare
    MHB= Superb (technically the best in pak)
    Performance=sucks.....(the only movement you see is the hands of the singer and the fingers of mekaal hassan!!!)

Noori= Sound = OK
    Perfiormance = GOOD

Aaroh= Sound = better than JAL
    Performance= GOOD

Mizmaar, Sound= OK
    Performance= OK

Call, Sound = is ok ( the singer actually gets out of tune...quite a few rimes.....but the music is rocking)
    Performance= Good

Atif=Sound= Excellent
    Performance= Good

7. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

most of the answers i knew have ALREADY been answered! :annoyed:

waiting for more questions! :cool:

8. ak&guitar

m_waleed86..........thanx man for the info.........

u r great dude............

i downloaded calls interview frim pak music in the battle of the band 05 episode............that guy cannot even sing proprly in an interview,,,,,,,he was singin so bad i had to close it. I guess its all studio work..........even atif is like that........download his aadat live from pakmanzil and u'll know what i mean........

i know MHB is the best and noori put energy and enthusiasm in their shows while eP agin is miserable makin a mess with so many members but their hadbangin is somethin thatz amzing.......(god what must happen to their necks afer the shows?)

@ #IR@
    i have many questi0ons more but lotta my previous questions are un answered.....do u want me 2 post more............and as it is no body else is postin any quetions.........

9. m_waleed86

yup thats waht the problem with most of the paki singers (taking bout the 'underground' bands......the music they play is quite cool...but the singer's voice sucks..

10. #iR@

@ ak..... yea man u can post more questions..... i'll try answering them! :cool:

11. ak&guitar

#iR@

here are few more question........hope this time all can be answered by everyone.

HOW many years has FARHAN SAeed BUTT (JAL) has TAKEN classical training for singin?

WHAT kind o fband was shazi (JAL ) in, before he joined jal<the name and the genre plz>

what are the generes of the folloing bands:

NOORI, JAL,EP , MIZMAAR, KAIN , KAARVAAN,AAROH, INTEHAA.

who is the drummer in the song DASTAAN buy INTEHA.

BESIDES aatif , NAMe some solo singers who have their own band and do rock music.

WHY is AAtif called adeez?

which band or ARTIST is the NEXT BIG THING?. (accordin to you)

u guys can post ur questions too.:rock:

12. #iR@

well...i really feel like talking about who will be the next big thing.... so i guess in my opinion...

--> inteha is gonna be great ...... they have a lONG way to go

-->kavish....... IS GONNA ROCK...... i mean i am already ADDCITED to their song bachpan........... simple grate!!!!

-->a.w.s will prabably end up like ali haider or faakhir....... (no offense all u fans out their)

-->call is going to be one ROCKING like it is..........

-->xulfi is probably going to join MORE BANDS! :p: hehe

-->if khawar & faiza come out wid another song..... THEY R GONNA ROCK!!!!! cause of the VOCALS!

-->then again.,.... hania and zeb could do well IF they come into the main stream.....(heard them like twice or thrice..... nice work)

-->AND FINALLY....... AFTER AROOJ AFTAB comes back from berkli (watever the spellings r :eek:: ) she is gonna make a change...... cause i am sure till that time hadiqa's music is probably gonna die away....... (it still has for me)

well...... i guess these r the UP-COMMING bands i can think of........ might post more latter...... :rule: lol

and yea........ aatif's called ADEEZ???? :eek:: mmmm..... i didn't know that.... now don't get all.. "U DIDN:T KNOW THAT! and U LIVE IN PAKISTAN!" chill everyone! i thought his nick was ATTI ....... :eek::

ps: all of the stuff i rote is MY opinion.....u can ALWAYS add to it..... :)

13. ak&guitar

well a lotta stuf u give me to listen to............but can tell where i can dowload all that......

and yeah atifs called adeez ........go to google or look for a site named adeez.com or .net or whatever only if u r a fan........:rock:

14. m_waleed86

...well in my view....Xulfi only plays in the band that are under his brother's management only.....so he probably would only play for those bands whciha re uner the management....

15. #iR@

@ ak...... tell me wat songs or bands u haven't heard..... then i can tell u the sites cause i am really into paki music. just tell me wat sonngs u wanna download and i willl let u know the sites.....

any more opinion wanted or any questions? nah not much of a DIE HARD aatif aslam fan but yes i DO agree he DOES have a VERY NICE voice..... don't like his personality somehow........ :annoyed: anyway..... i enjoy giving my opinions as u can see ;)

16. m_waleed86

@ak....go to www.sangeetradio.com lots of cool paki songs to which you can listen too.....

here are a couple of songs you can search for...

SONA CHAHATA HOON.....by Najam Shiraz ( a really weird rock song...do listen to it)
    Rakh Aas....Karavan

17. ak&guitar

@hira............i want some cool drum solos and guitar solo videos of paki bands.........i just downloaded waqars drum solo from Ep's site and i have a video of a guy called rana hassan on the guitars.........HOLY SHREDs its called...........

well can u give me some info on HOLY shreds rana hassan.......is he in any band ....he plays pretty well.................

@m_waleed tell me ur name or nick i always have to type ur full _ user name.....and yeah i will listwn to the song u suggested........and then tell u my views.....thanx for the site but me already knew bout it....

till then u pplz views on the best paki drummer..????

18. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

best pakistani drummer...as described by almost every respectable pakistani musician : john luis pinto aka "gumby", who is currently in the band noori.

19. ak&guitar

hmm..........i thought so........

are any drum solos or live prfomance videos availaible of MR gumby?

20. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

here u go...right click + save target as....

http://www.mekaalhasanband.com/sampooran/video/ftc.wmv

Mekaal Hasan Band - FTC Sound Check
    This exclusive behind the scenes clip shows you what MHB has to go through during sound check before a show. This clip features Gumby on drums.