i-rock cancelled

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ambuj, Sep 4, 2005.

1. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

man.. this sucks.. those cops have nothing better to do, cancelling i rock at the last moment... fuking pathetic attitude....
    any idea if its gonna be rescheduled or something?

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I really don't know what the future holds... However, I urge all of you to visit gigpad.com and read Mr. Farhad Wadia's letter... & please, do take a stand and speak out.

Send letters to every newspaper possible... I've already done few in Mumbai... com eon rockers...

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm what happened? (am not from bombay - so might tell a little in detail what happened)

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

dissapointing it was n is man!:annoyed:

5. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

Better late than never, better never than ever............

For the second time in a consecutive year, I-Rock does not take place on 15th august. And everyone in this country simply sucks up their throat salutes the tri color and says their proud to be an india.

With all due respect to Mr Wadia, what were you thinking while booking Gateway of india after last years issue with rang bhavan. No doubt had the show to happen at Gateway it would be an awesome venue for the 20th anv.

Now, It was a nice thing that mumbai metal head's walked out quietly without creating a scene. As i am sure if there was a incident there probably would be no more rock concerts in mumbai not even the ones in pubs or hotels. Cause that's what mumbai's govt wants. Infact believe me this was nothing but a conspiracy against all mumbai rockers. Many govt officials are aware of the moshmania incident and they were expecting someone to do something stupid. Thats the reason you got all the permission except for 1 or 2. It was decided by them to screw you, cancel the show so that metalheads go wild and then they have a point against any rock show being organized anywhere in the city.

Now the big question is what are mumbai rockers gonna do about it. I Read the posts on gig pad watched your interview on news. but no one is really listening to you. If they are then how come they've not got your message yet.

This is what's gonna put govt officials in deep ****. This thursday when you have your day in court you don't need 500 rockers but about 4000 metalheads come there to support you (rememeber last year for the protest to save rang bhavan there were only 100 odd people). Again no one should do anything stupid and just gather there and pled for justice. If you get this large number its good else just like the rang bhavan case it will all be well forgoten by next year.

However even with a large# you not going to get justice its going to be a big NO for I-rock at gateway. You then have the option of having it else where. Anyways what i feel is no use having it by end of sept, but again thats just me. But i know they will not give permission. So the rest needs to be done by mumbai metalheads.

After the court makes its decision and all their plans backfire, that is no riots and the headlines read 'angry mumbai metalheads can do nothing but give up on rocking at gateway' then its left to what mumbai metalheads do and not what Mr Wadia does.

Within a day or 2 after the court makes its decision mumbai metalheads need to prove to the world what rock n rool is all about. They want to give it a bad name well give them the benchod madarchod chants, they want a fight we'll give them a war.

Unless u metalheads are nothing but pussy's who can only throw bottles and planks at your beloved rockstars on stage and just sit and complain about injustice done at -rock.

Remember one thing guys the whole country knows mumbai metalheads as the wildest crowd after detroit rock city. It will be a shame if you'll dont show unity and destroy the mumbai govt. I remeber parikrama's voc saying this at more than 2 ocassions "of all the places we played in the country, we love coming to mumbai as mumbai rockers make the concert the wildest of them all" however if nothing is done we will have bands saying of all the metalheads they've seen in the world mumbai rockers are the cry babies of them all.

2 weeks from now this is what the headlines should read. 'No I-rock, no govt'.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

lets c dude what U can do really ...

7. Roadie2Rockstar

Slayer, I have been doing a lot for rock n roll and probably i am doing something by stating my views on the issue and suggesting what needs to be done.

BTW can demon or someone confirm about the court case for tomorrow the time the hearing's suppose to start. There's no such info on gig pad.

If there is a large # that shows up then we probably have a say, however we should not create a scene at the court, just remain calm.

But after their decesion is made which I am sure will not be in favour of us and Mr Wadia, we then need to get violent, else what i sent means everything.....

Also the HFC guitarist coment's are very disappointing. it should be the bands that should support mr wadia more than the fans. anyways people posting reviews on gigpad of burning him with vishal now thats agian not going to help in anyways.
    Whats more imporatant is that mumbai rockers make a stmt by gathering in large numbers.
    I wish there is a larth charge or they throw tear gas on the crowd.

Then we can burn cops in every police station we want just like it happened 58 years ago....

8. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

no hearing yet will post when its there.

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

arey yaar.....the time has come to rap.e da guilty cops!

10. Roadie2Rockstar

So just as i thought, nobody from the mass mumbai metalheads is gona do anything about this. Mr Wadia, will probably get permissions and I rock will happen at gateway or at some other venue and then everyone will forget about it.
    We'll Ill pray that mumbai really does not get to witness and big shows, cause metalheads just a big name with no game and everyone else to blame.