I met dave mustaine!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DagMX, Mar 15, 2008.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I met Dave 'Rattlehead' mustaine and all of megadeth and machinehead!
    I'm just so happy. I can die happy now.

But mustaine is a very serious guy. He doesn't even joke around like the other guys. Chris Broderick is just awesome and J-Lo was the most social of the 4 guys.

Robb flynn was ****ing drunk when we met him. He didn't even remember the dagger when I mentioned it.

Aaaah! But I'm so happy

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I am not jealous strangely. What was the conversation like though?

3. DagMX

DagMX New Member

yeah, it was really only a short meeting. But with dave, it was more of use telling him he was great, asking him a few things about mgeadeth. One guy asked him for his guitar, but all of daves replies were one word replies. Stilll really amazing for me to have met one my idols. I hear he was going through some personal issues too..
    Chirs on the other hand was pretty cool and nice. He laughed and said thank you very much and quite pleasant to talk to.
    Shawn was oddly silent.
    James was cool though. Smiled a lot and seemed pretty happy. He did a little witty banter with all of us and he genuinly seemed happy to meet fans.
    Machine head were better to talk to. We didn't get to meet Dave McClain, but Robb Flynn was nice except completely wasted.
    Phil and Adam were nice though while we waited for a pen to sign my shirt with. They had the 'we know how you must feel' attitude, but not in a smug way.

It was pretty cool. IDK if you caught their show which was awesome, but megadeth are so different in person than on stage. It was like night and day. Well apart from Jlo.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No, I'm in calcutta so I did not but someone i know seemed really pleased that they'd gone.

The only people I've seen live are Satriani and John McLaughlin and I couldn't meet either of them.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't have had much to say to them either.....what could I possibly? I'd kiss their feet or something,

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I woulda come but I had a gig lined up for today which got cancelled due to rain, how nice. Machine Head and Megadeth, not to mention Millenium again. Yep it's been an awesome day for me.

You're one lucky man. Too bad Mustaine's a prick, heh.

6. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Millenium were bad man. I wish they and pentagram didn't play. It would have meant more time for the real show. Actually all the opening acts were dissapointing. prestorika have gone way down-hill. The only guy worth his salt in that band is the lead guitarist. The drummer was really lame. Never ever give a mic to a drummer. lol.
    The other bands were just so-so. Pentagram are so full of themselves and millenium were a let down after all the hype.

Machine head were amazing. I mean, wall of energy is an understatement.
    And megadeth are just pure skill. Broderick was amazing and dave knows the crowds so well.

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hmmm, the opening acts weren't suited for the main show, as usual. It's been a long time for Millenium though. Pentagram and Parikrama I don't like so much.

Machine Head are awesome, and if Marty was playing I'd have thrown this (now cancelled) gig and come. But that's the price I'm having to pay for studying outside Bangalore.

8. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Yeah, but marty does j-pop now so...
    but broderick is awesome. I want to see what he does on their next album.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

..And to think Broderick joined Megadeth only a month ago. His volume was too low on some quiet parts though..but what a killer show!

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

id be watchin def leppard this may......im jealous though