I hate COPYING and PEOPLE who copy someone's work!!!

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by anum324, Sep 3, 2007.

1. anum324

anum324 New Member

I posted this poem as title "Dard-e-Dil" as link shows below.
    http://www.indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=29343

To my surprise,I noticed today , that it has been re-posted with some changes ...what I term as DISTORTION to someone's creation.

The distortion done is on the link below by jazzbox.
    http://www.indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=31253

The first 5 stanzas have been composed, and posted by me on this portal.

It's truly an act of cheat, which no one would appreciate.

Regards
    Anum

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

What a cheapstake that jazzbox is! If he picked up the poem from here itself, surely he must've known who wrote it.

What a loser.

3. zing

zing Machine Head

but he does have a disclaimer saying he "got it from some site doesnt remember which etc etc" so give him a break ppl

4. anum324

anum324 New Member

The disclaimer doesn't say the name of the site.Also,now when I have told That I wrote it, then no point discussing about disclaimers.

I would like to point out that the "LOVELY PHOTOSHOP" work does not only have my poem but someone else's work as well.Why do we then look at disclaimer? No point.!!!

After 5 stanza...the meaning changes and it looks like a "COLLAGE".

This is.simply not ethical.I don't [praises from anyone for what I wrote with all my heart...but anyone playing with it is acceptable.

Anum

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

You know what, it sucks that it happened, but what sucks even more is how much you're bitching about it. You've made two or three threads already asking everyone you can to intervene and mete out justice. Why not call your local police station also? Jesus, worse things happen dude, chill out.

6. anum324

anum324 New Member

I am not bithching about it.....Has someone got the courtesy enough to either apologise or may be edit it for that purpose......I am sure I am not overreacting!!!

It feels worse when ppl try to calm down the one who is already hurt....I will pray that it happens to no one in life.

7. Rude_gal:)

Rude_gal:) New Member

things are still the same....tch tch

8. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Why would you post your poem on the internet when you don't want anyone to copy it?

If you're so touchy about your poems don't post them on the internet. I mean the richest of softwares are stolen from the internet what do you expect would happen to your poem.

It takes a loser to copy from and paste on the same site though.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@Anum, i am not supporting what happened. But yes, you are overreacting. You proved your point, you are the original poet. And we all know that. All i'm saying is it's a done deal and the person who plagiarised will be an utter moron if he does it again. So yes, please, stop acting like you're the victim of the janjaweed.

@rude_gal, familiarity breeds contempt?

10. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

well.. lemme say somethin.. 1st of all.. its highly unfair. if someone copies a poem and pastes it in this forrum.. from very beginning i hv been in IGT and have seen that this forrum was always know for creativity... if u guyz copy sumthing.. then please mention the actual writer also.. this is simply a case of invasion of someone's creativity..

2ndly, since we don't get copyright of watever we write here in IGT.. we can't blame anyone also.. internet is a public medium.. where crtl+C is used heavily.. what i will like to aks moderators here is.. is there anyway that we can atleast have some rights on poems written or compositions recorded in IGT..

I will love to see some Mod replying my this post..

11. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

@anum...it's sad that it happened man but seriously,I agree with elfascinating..if you're posting your poems on the internet and expect people to be ethical,that's just naive.The jazzboz guy wasn't really trying to take credit for that work..if he REALLY didn't know who wrote that then I'm just glad he even mentioned it wasn't his work..
    That being said,I can understand or at least imagine how hurt you must be..I hope you keep posting poems though..I don't know if the mods can prevent this from happening,so if you can,copyright your work...

12. jazzbox

jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

KURTAY MAIN RAHO KURTAY SE BAHAR MAT NIKLOO

13. jazzbox

jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

14. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

to chill out the environment here..

dis reminds me the song.. parde mein rehne do parda na uthao.. i doubt cryptu wears kurta :)

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Whatever he did with the poem (photoshop and all) doesnt look good enough to share anyway

16. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

:think: RIGHT

it makes u an idiot if u share ....dont ever post ur good works ...either distort them or just work-out for another stupidty to be served for the copy-cats !!

:shock: thats how it works:beer: