I got myself a n00 Guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Feb 16, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^lol........

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^hehe......

:p

3. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

congrats ronnie make sure bring it when we have the Bangalore IGT meet.:p:

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

congrats..
    looks are unique but..why didnt you go for a tremolo ??
    and what your fetish with Chequered Flags ??

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

congrats though i personally think it looks a lill weird....but congrats!!
    How does it play??

6. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

congrats ronnie!kooool gtr man...(but a li'l weird lukin..hehe)

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

we need some clips now.

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah, but with better recording please!!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OMG
    :shock:

*dies of shock, imagining Parker captured by Ronnie's recording rig*

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I dont like Tremolo in my guitar. I love the Tune-O-Matic kind of Bridge. They have an amazing attack on the strings which a Guitar with Tremolo can't give. Moreoever with T-O-M kind of fixed bridge, the guitar will have tons of natural sustain and natural sustain gets killed with Floyd Rose kind of bridges.

11. ronnieanand

Okay.... the looks are wierd and not my favourite too. I did a lot of research before buying the guitar and wanted a guitar with an amazing quality but within a reasonably smaller price. Most companies bring out poor guitars at their lower end models. For good quality guitar with lower budget I finally found 4 brands to chose from. They were Carvin, Godin, Parker and Brian Moore. These were not the regular Fender, Gibson or the Ibanez kind. These are great brands but the 4 brands I listed made really good guitars even in their low end.

I bought the cheapest Parker there is but there are something special about this.

1. Amazing neck. Beats any neck I have played in my life till date. The common slogan "Nothing Plays Like A Parker" is really true. Just touch it and you can feel the quality. It feels like a $1500+ professional guitar.

2. Smooth ebony Fretboard. Never seen such a smooth Fretboard. Beats all the Fender, Ibanez and anything I have played through.

3. Great Frets. Great Feel of the neck. You have to play it to understand it.

4. Amazing pickups. I almost bought JB and '59 for this but then changed my mind on hearing it. I thought all stock pickups would suck and I wanted to change them. The sound is so clean and so tight that it beats my DiMarzio Norton and PAF Pro hollow. I can't believe it but it's true. It tracks the notes really well and when you shred, every damn note is so damn distinct. This guitar is a shredder's dream. It packs in the power of a humbucker with the clarity of a single coil. But beware, it shows off sloppy techniques like crazy. It also highlights if you have a good technique. I have a stupid high gain patch in my AX1500G which is crap sounding and the Parker made this patch to sound amazing. The pickups are not high gain or hot but packs in a lot of things in it. It gives a great sustain and killer harmonics. On turning down the volume knob it cleans up the distortion even in the Metal Distortion / US Hi Gain full gain patches in my AX1500G and that's unbelievable. My DiMarzios can't do that.

5. Body is very light. It's only about 3kgs but the wood is extreeeemely resonant. Dont even plug in. Just play and it sounds like an Acoustic Guitar.
    This guitar packs in an amazing sustain and the notes sutain a lot even in the 22nd Fret. That's really amazing.

6. It has a soft and very sophisticated tone. On playing clean without any effects, it sounds more an acoustic guitar. Add a bit of chorus and it really shine. But for that Metally Clean parts with that ringing chorus, I prefer my Les Paul copy.

7. The tone clarity is what that stands out. It makes AX1500G through a Marshall MG15CD sound professional.

8. The only thing I am not liking is the 25.5" scale length. I prefer the 24.75" scale length or I should use 11 guage string on the Parker. Currently using 10 guage Dean Markeley with it. Threw the stock strings 'cos they were 9s and found it very difficult to play with them.

9. Yep. The shape is not cool but considering the plus points, I wouldn't mind if the guitar was shaped like a circle or a square too.

12. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

Welcome to the Parker Family Bro...... ;) ;) ;)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

next stop...Godin ????
    get in touch.... BM may come sooner than expected :beer:

13. RGSANDY

RGSANDY New Member

Damn neat....;-) alls well that ends well...iam kind of happy for you....play on!

I really like it...good one...lets rock

14. Luthier

Luthier New Member

WOW ronnie great guitar that is. Love to see another T-O-M bridge fan. Play on.
    Luthier

15. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:) Good guitar. Nice color. And, great .. :)

nIK!;)

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dont parkers have that composite neck...or is it just the fly series...?

17. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

I thought even the body was composite...i think i read that somewhere..not sure..

18. ronnieanand

Only the high end parkers come with Composite Necks and Stainless Steel Frets. The P Series comes with Wooden Neck and Nickel Frets. Has it's own advantages over the high end Parkers ;).

Parker is like 4 guitars in one package. The coil taps work excellently and with neck single coil mode, it sounds pretty much like an acoustic guitar. Very rich in tone.

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey ronnie ... Just remembered ... when i saw this thread ... I didnt see the guitar whn i had come tht day .. U didnt even bother showing it .. sad !!!!!

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

First of all CONGRATULATIONS ON BUYING A VERY VERY VERY BEAUTIFULL GUITAR. IF YOU EVER THINK OF SELLING IT REMMBER ME. LOL
    I empathise with you ronnie, I went throught the same hell last year. I ordered a Duncan JB HUMBUKER in DEC 2004, I was told by the online autorised dealer in USA it would be shipped to me in 15 days, even though they were located in the US. I was expected to get the pickup during the CHristmass week. But ( here start all my woes) (1) The website ran out of stock so I had to wait, ( they were kind enought though not to swipe my card until they recveied thier stock, and also told me I could cancell the order. (2) they dispatched on the lasst week of December.....and Iwaited and waited just like you Ronnie I used the online tracking USPS no. and the last thing I copuld see was ARRIVED IN INDIA ( or something like that). It arrived super fast to India, but it never reached me. I waited and waited. I thought as usual the post have delaayed. (3) I caught Jaundice in early FEB 2005 (I still did not get the pick up), so I was at home, one afternnon an officer from the POST office comes rings my door bell and asks for me, he tells me a parcel has arived and needs cleareance and also, you ned to verify yourself so that it can be delveried to you...... I had to cough up hard CAH luckily I had it woith me then and their as I had witdrawn money for my Medicals, but it was not enough. That Idoit was asking me Q like what is in the parcel, what are trying to impoert parts and make a guitar ext ext.oh man.. Any way he cam again the next day and collected the balance..i had to pay him.. A week later my Pick up came.. I HAD TO WAIT 2 and ahalf months plus pay a bomb for customs... This is very frustrating considering the fact that, it is difficult to get things you specificaly want out here.

P.S. RONNIE if you ever think of changing pickups on your parker READ THIS FIRST VERY VERY IMPORTANT
    :https://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_prk.htm