I got myself a n00 Guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I got my new guitar Parker P42 yesterday afternoon. Before I talk about the guitar, I will tell you about all the things that I had to go through before I bought it.

I bought this guitar around the first week of January and got it delivered to a friend in the US. He shipped the guitar through USPS and declared the value as $150, so get through customs with any fees. The guitar got shipped on 14th Jan to India and USPS claimed that it will reach me in 5 working days. On 26th Jan the guitar reached India and after that there was no news about the guitar in the USPS site. Inspite of having a tracking number for the same we couldn't trace the guitar till last week. So I kinda considered the guitar lost and was already pacifying myself. Then I checked up the local Post Office and they directed me to Sub Foreign Post Office. On showing the tracking number, I found out the guitar reached but the customs require clarification, so they have withhold my package. Then I went to the customs. The Customs Officer was a nice lady. I enquired about the package and told her that my guitar is stuck here. She instantly remembered my guitar and without even looking at any records, she asked me how could I declare the value of this guitar to be $150 and looks to be more expensive than that. I told her that it's second hand and she immediately said No, it cannot be second hand. Then I corrected myself and told her that I actually meant factory seconds. Unsold pieces get sold very low and I got such a piece for $150. She wasn't willing to believe but then I had a Yamaha pacifica with me in my hand which we bought some 30 minutes before going to the customs office. So I showed her the Yamaha Pacifica and told her that we bought this guitar for Rs.6500 but the original price was some Rs.10,000. I also told her that the Pacifica was in the shop without getting sold for more than 2 years and hence we got such a deal. She kinda believed me at this time and then she asked me to pay the duty for the declared value of the guitar and the shipping charges. Her son was standing next to her. I instantly told her that I can teach her son guitar and clear off my guitar without any customs and by doing this she would be helping poor musicians in India. She then asked me to give her a letter stating that the guitar was factory seconds and that's the reason it was priced low and requesting them to waive off the customs and release the guitar. So finally the customs got cleared last Saturday after all the drama.

Then again it was getting delayed for my package to come from MG Road to Airport Road which is about 12 to 13 kms. With lots of pressure and continuous pestering, they finally got it down to the local Post Office yesterday monring and I collected the same from the Post Office yesterday afternoon. It took 32 days to reach. Talk about Postal Delays. Wheeewww.

2. ronnieanand

So here are the features.

1. 1 Piece Mahagony Body.
    2. 1 Piece Maple Neck.
    3. Ebony Fretboart with 22 Medium Jumbo Nickel Silver Frets.
    4. 1 Volume and 1 Push Pull Tone Knob for Coil Splitting.
    5. 3 Way Switching.
    6. Two Humbucker Pickups with Split Coils for both the pickups.
    7. Parker Stringer Pickups.
    8. 1:18 Locking Grover Tuners.
    9. Metallic Black Body with Black Hardware.

3. ronnieanand

Some More Pics

4. ronnieanand

Few More ............:cool:

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*dr00l*
    Headstock looks ubercool.

I had my reservations on those E shaped horns, but it doens not look bad to me :p:

:rock:

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

whoa.....that is one hawt looking axe

congrats dude

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It looks really weird in my opinion. Anyway congratulations. :)

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey nice details ... Could really help others getting stuffs from US ...

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

How does it Play??

10. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Yea it DID help a lot. I ws planning to get an axe from US n then couriered here. No I know better than that..... :) Thanks man!

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Congrats Uncle Ronnieanand.

Nice "different looking" guitar

12. ronnieanand

Ok Bachchi.. Kai Kuzhandhai, Kutti Paappa

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:annoyed:
    galli ke ladke line maarte hain mujh par ...

guess they're not paedophiles :phbbt:

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Hindi mein matlab samjhao

15. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

YUCK!!!! WHat a horrible looking guitar!!!!

PS- I say that with envy ;)

16. ronnieanand

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

17. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:annoyed:

hmmmppphhh

:rule:

18. ronnieanand

:phbbt: :phbbt:

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:sigh: Parker guitars.........what can i say? I wish they'd make them a bit more attractive.

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:spam1: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^