I GOT CONVERTED (rabi, read this )

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, Apr 14, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i downloaded a vid by eric johnson...recently..many of u might have heard it..calld the art of guitar by eric johnson...
    and he was playin a strat......man...saw him playing and heard him playing....and man..hold ur breath(rabi, this should make you happy) .....I DONT HATE STRATS ANY MORE....i mean forget how it looks..whatever..but he made that thing talk....man.....it was an instrucitonal video....dint understand one word of what he said.but he made that thing cry man....how he played it...blew my mind..the range of tones he managed to produce wioth it....the beautiful soulful clean tone...and the nice crunchy yet quiet crisp dirty tone....man....am in love with the sound of this guitar....
    strats sound hot....mebbe its the way he played it or wahtever...me not hate strats no more...
    whoa...that was one surreal experience :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lol....so what? :p:

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

so what, so waht? :p:
    (right back at you :grin: )

4. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

hahaha.... alwasy liked strats... but i wanted to get a cheap guitar first.... mine aint that cheap but its a start :grin:

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

its mainly eric johnson who made the guitar sound that way.u play the same guitar and it will still sound like u.
    eric is a tone freak..he can make out the diff in tone even when diff batteries are put in the pedal....

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

:rockon:

btw going off topic slightly have you ever heard of Clapton's Woman Tone before? he get's it best out of his Gibson

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmm.will download it.....wish i could post that eric johnson vid .......but doubt if anyone wud download it........
    ssome 60 Mb

8. aleric

aleric New Member

Post it dude........I will download for sure.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have a 340 Mb version of that(its Mpeg-1 though..mebbe thats why its bigger)
    Its the whole part-2 of the Art of playing guitar...he is a GOD..sure..it might take me a lifetime to comprehend(let alone attempt) what hes saying:p:..but its awesome...
    Hey btw..have u guys seen Guitar Heroes(part of the series-A history of Rock and Roll)....its a must watch....

10. rabi_sultan

clapton's woman tone:

get that gibson lp out.
    select the lead pickup but turn all the bass off
    you could use both pickups but you have to turn bass off
    (turn tone down to 0 or 1)
    then turn volume full up

btw your gonna need a little overdrive, a bit more distortion and some reverb.

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i always thoguht the woman tone was with a wah pedal that was turned half way down and left like that...

12. rabi_sultan

well according to the Cream - Farewell Tour video i have (shot back in 1968!!) he took the wah wah pedal off. if he's changed it since then, which he most likely, he probably has begun to use the wah wah pedal.

It could be that he uses it considering that the wah wah pedal takes the bass out of the sound anyway and gives pure treble but i'd imagine that the guitar tone would be set in such a way that all his bass dissapears.