i cant read guitar tabs, can some 1 help me

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by hannan, Jul 28, 2005.

1. hannan

hannan New Member

hi guyzz .. its hannan ... u can say that im a bigginer .... i can play many chords ... n some songs ... BUT
    man de most BIGGEST prob with me is I CANT READ Tabs .... can some 1 help me .... i :ll be very greatful to him or her

;)
    i think is de most favriute thing 2 a guitarist

well i think soo

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

tabs are meant to be intuitive ... so use your intuition ...

the lines on the tabs :
    e------------
    b---------
    g-----------
    D-----------
    A--------------
    E-----------

means the strings (e = thinnest, E = thickest)

the numbers mean the fret u have to press the string at (and obviously pluck the string) ...

u go from left to right ... so first u play the left and as time progresses u move towards right ... like:

e-------------------3-5--
    b-----------3-5-6------
    g---2-4-5---------------

means first play 2nd fret on g string (3rd string) then play 4th ... 5th ...
    next play 3rd fret on b string (2nd string) ... and so on ...

sometimes we use different styles of making sound from the string like hammer-on, pull-off, slides, bends ... usually for that ppl should write a legend ...

3. larsan

larsan K-Dash

ssslayer ur explaination gud...hope hannan understands it:)

4. hannan

hannan New Member

thanxxxxxx

thanxxxxxx buddy ..... but i be asking u
    n i hope u will be giving me asnwers as a buddy thanxxx

:)

5. nadish

nadish Active Member

Welcome Hanna!!!!
    Tabbing(Reading) is very simple dear!!!

As ssslayer has already tought u how to read simple tabs, but u'll notice that there are also some signs on the tabs like:
    Example1 "e-----2/3----------" or
    Example1.2 "e--------2\----------" or
    Example2 "e--------4~~-------" or
    Example3 "A-----2h4"--------" or
    Example4 "E--------3p2---------".

Following are the Explanations of each sign:

Ex 1: (e--------2/3---------------) A forward "/" Sign represents that u have to slide "2nd" fret to "3rd" fret of "e" string.

Ex 1.2 (e---------3\2---------------) A back "\" represents that u have to slide "3rd" fret to 2nd fret of "e" String

Ex 2: (e------------4~~----------) "~~" This sign represents that u have to use "Vibrato" on "4th" fret of "e" String. If there is just 1 "~" sign, it means use vibrato for a short time, and if there is more than 1"~" sign, then use vibrato for little more time.

Ex 3: (A--------2h4"--------------) "h" sign represents that u have to "Hammer On" between 2nd fret to 4th fret.

Ex 4: (E-----------3p2-------------) "p" sign represents that u have to "Pull Off" the 2nd and 3rd fret of "A"string..

And thats all.........

6. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

7. hannan

hannan New Member

this 1 is also gud ...... if there is lke this . so i have2 strum here or only2 play that A-3
    e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B-------------------------------------1-----------------------------------------------------------------
    G-----------0------0-2-0-----0------0---2--0--2-0-------------------------------------------------------
    D------2-3----------------3------------------------3----------------------------------------------------
    A--3-3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E----------------------------------------------------------------------

8. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

@ nadish it's hannan not hanna! :p:

9. d3m0nz3y3

d3m0nz3y3 New Member

i am a very new member to this forum and to playing guitar. I have read a lot on the forum, but if this question is foolish plz forgive me lol.
    As for this tutorial, do we stum on g string while holding fret 2 only? or we stum all the strings?