I cannot play the Blues - Sound Clip

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Okay, here's a sound clip featuring my trademark screwed up recording quality. By the way I cannot play the blues is not the name of the song.

The Rhythm is looped over my AX100G and I play my GB&a with Stock Pickups through my Korg AX100G. The recording time wasn't accurate, so even the Rhythm doesn't loop very well in team. It keeps losing time progressively. So the solo doesn't sync in time. WOW!! Neat explanation for actually I play dumb.
    It wasn't composed or anything. Just plain noodling. Brain wasn't active enough, so it's pretty repetitive. Kinda repeating and trying hard to see if anything clicks. Nothing clicked, so ended the recording. I go out of time in the first legato. Another reason for lesser quality is no thought over licks or no second take. WOW!! Another neat explanation for not enough skills. If you notice anything else that goes Ka Boom let me know.

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i heard it..
    it seems u have decent chops..but the recording quality was not all that great..so cant really pinpoint on that matter.
    yea..the licks kind of got repetitve..
    what software did u record on?

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

just heard it ........
    thought it waz gud ...recording quality wasnt dat gud.. cudnt make out ur rhythm much
    ......but hey.... ur lead waz gr8 and so waz sum of ur licks ......

PS: did u try a PINCH Harmonic near the end ??

4. ronnieanand

Thanks guys. Recording is horrible. I used Goldwave but I dont have a line in port in my Laptop, so used the stupid inbuilt mic. This is the best quality I could ever get.

@Alfons. There are 2 places where I pinch. Actually I was playing on a pretty low gain overdrive patch, so that pinch doesn't scream out, otherwise the pinches really stand out.

Anyway that was recorded long while I was around 7 months of playing. Now my chops have improved but brain has gone dead unable to think. Too much beer in my head :beer: Maybe :think: .

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

same here ...

am BRAIN DEAD in guitar playing !!!

b.t.w. i'll chcek this one at hoime ;)

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey havent i heard this one?

7. ronnieanand

Hey Ssslayer,
    You have listened to this thing. I had sent you this Blues Jam to you already.

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ...

n what about gettting over with the BRAIN DEAD thingy ,... ? am really :annoyed: with myself

9. ronnieanand

Drink Bear :beer:

Listen to Psychedelic Jam Bands.

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

doent help ... :annoyed:
    am really :annoyed: with myself ...

no amount of beer helped me ... it only made me more "gutsy"

11. ronnieanand

Then grow long hair, wear tie dye shirts and torn jeans. Wear a lot of beads around your neck and in your hands. Wear the Peace Symbol. Have flowers everywhere you go.

12. ronnieanand

Another Clip

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

Hey. I have posted another clip. Check it out from the above link. Recording is screwed up as usual. I am not playing anything particular. The whole thing has only Feedback, Echoes and noises. No theme, No licks, No music. 100% Pure Noise.

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ronnie--i ve added u onto yahoo messenger
    but cant see ur id on my list..ermm..funny.

14. ronnieanand

Hey Dharm. Just check it out again. I dont see an invite either. ronnieanand@yahoo.com is the ID. Take it before the censor board chops it off.

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

chop chop ...
    snip snip ...

goes prick ...

but am not gonna tell

whose dick ...

hey ron ... gimme som fundaes yaar ...

and dharam u too ... about playing blues ...
    not the SRV kinda blues ... but diff bebop mebbe ...

16. ronnieanand

Give what fundas to you?? I take lessons from you. :shock:

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

haa ... that i take as a compliment ...

but on serious note ... i cannot play serious notes ... really ..

today morning i was hearing alex skolnic in TEstament ... what solos dude ! ...
    have a touch of blues + neoclassical + jazz ...

18. ronnieanand

I dont play serious notes either. I am a Rhythm Guitarist.

Skolnick is good but somehow I prefer James Murphy over Skolnick. But James Murphy occasionally does some total bull**** mindless shred which pisses me off sometimes.

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL...

anyway testament is run by Eric peterson ... and chuck billy ...

am actually not so impressed with shreds ... most of them are nothign but fingering and scale excercises ... really ...

but ah the bends slides n other effects ... now they are good ... and slow notes that pour out music ...

one more thing i noticed - alex skolnic used to play al lthe songs speedened up in live version ... whereas as Murphy does the opposite ...

20. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

nice ..............
    was dat ur Fatal Tube when u used Distortion for da 1st time ?