Human beings Living or Non-Living?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by notty_lad, Jan 16, 2007.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

So youre either disregarding an assumption that no one made,

OR

you didnt understand that i was asking for quotes/sources/etc of any person who said (and meant) that.
    Religion and spirituality are different things but that doesnt matter. And what needs to prove/disprove religion? Religion itself?
    So lets see:

"I am the truth.
    I dont need anything to prove/disprove me because i'm beyond explanation.
    I am true because i say so. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong because i say so.
    I dont need to have a logical explanation of some sort because only i can explain who i am.
    I am truth because i say so. Anything that i say is the truth.

Therefore, i'm true because i'm true because i'm true because i'm true because i'm true...etc

You think it doesnt make sense? But hey, youre probably using logic to say that, and I'm beyond logic, so that doesnt apply to me. "
    -*insert text*

You said that its somehow special (the must be something) that we are made of "basic elements". I said that its not so special because its most probable that were made of basic (most common) elements. I dont see too much relavence to my comment but anyways:
    I dont understand why religious people always link low probability events to a purpose.
    As i understand it, the life, comes from (sustainable) self replication. For me, that X, is self replication. (even though i dont like the difference of living and non living being represented by one letter).

2. shak

shak Harrr!

1. it was in reply to notty's assumption of L= NL+x or L=NL+NL etc. .. now read my statement .. "if life was so simple then ...."

2. yes, basically thats how it is, (not to get into a debate that has nothing to do with the topic anyway) .. take it or leave it.

3. and i stick to what i said ... there 'is' something special about our creation, i dont know what is, you dont know what it is, you believe we are made out of common materials, yes i agree, there arent any exotic materials in our composition, so whats so special you ask? its the way these materials have come together to form life, thats what is so special ... and that is what i call x, cuz i have no other word for it .. infact i have no idea what it might be.

haha, right so i am 'religious people' now, alright, we'll have it your way then, but i dont see what makes you think i was relating that to a religiously motivated purpose? if you think that i was somehow glorifying the 'creator' .. haha i wasnt .. but i will now! :) praise be to my Creator ..

as for sustainable self replication .. no i disagree, life doesnt come from sustained self replication, thats just something fancy you wanted to say, sustained self replication is how life protects itself from extinction .. the cause the, origin of life is definitely something different.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1

Someone here care to explain why you guys think there is purpose to everything you observe?
    Or why should ever be a purpose.

As I said earlier, purpose is again a term/concept created by human beings.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What you said is in a language created by human beings. It has no purpose :p:

We're not trying to find the purpose of the origin of life. All we're saying is that that there is a huge line between living and non-living (on which all virii can fit) and that life cannot be described easily or simply.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dont believe in purpose.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

@alpha: well thats your opinion, but i believe to ignore whats around us and to write it off without any consideration is unjustice to intelligence and ability to question and reason that humans have been gifted with.
    all things around us do come together for a reason, its what makes this huge system work, everything has a purpose and an importance, we might never know everything about everything .. but whats the harm in being optimistic and trying? < that .. is my opinion.
    for now i am trying to think what religion has to do with this concept.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ well that is teh exact reason why concept of god was invented.
    To have an answer for everything.

Aint that alos simplifying things - to the point of almost ignoring.

Religion was just a means to keep check on aberrations in society. Those aberrations migh be good or bad, it doesnt matter, Religion and social justice are meant to keep society in status quo.
    Which doest risk its survival.

And oh yeah, to make ppl obidient.

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Do you think that religion was invented and not gradually developed from more primitive rituals/gatherings ?

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^ religion has certainly evolved through time ..

10. shsnawada

no. thats not something "fancy" that i want to say. thats what i think it is.
    And it really isnt my own belief or whatever. See: one of the sources

11. shak

shak Harrr!

haha ^ was just pulling your leg when i said the 'fancy' bit .. minus that, i stick.

12. shsnawada

Well, so logically speaking god is as probable to exist as my flying pet elephant (good news) who has just wrote a book which no one else (but myself) can understand. And it says that i'm the medium from the divine to the earthly worlds/universes.

It can apparently solve many of your problems (regardless of who you are and what you define as a problem), as long as you live a just life. And just as defined by that book.

Wanna join?

13. shak

shak Harrr!

sure, if your pink elephant is better than mine ....

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Throw in free stuffed shells and mozarella garlic bread and i'm in.

15. shsnawada

Of course it is. Its says so in THE book. Its says that all other gods are false/deceptice or satanic.

So my god isnt just bigger. Its thicker.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^ if you say so ...

17. Heavy discussions guys reminds me of the hippies on acid in the 60's.

shsnawada likes this.
  18. shsnawada

I see you like the edit button a lot.
    EDIT: this goes to shak.

Where's the creator (intelligent designer) of this thread?

19. shak

shak Harrr!

^ yeah, i thought you might not like the bait/belief comment so got rid of it .. i prefer the talk of pink elephants and flying pigs.

20. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

yeah .. too much to say .. too lazy to type ..