how ur parents reacted when u started guitaring

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by theguitaristofm, Dec 10, 2004.

?

How ur parents reacted when u started guitaring n bought ur guitar

Poll closed Sep 6, 2007.
  1. call an ambulance am gonna faint my son/daughter a guitar player???!!!

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. whats a guitar????

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. no problem as long as u keep ur other activities eg studies unaffected by it

48 vote(s)
    77.4%
  4. i hope u kept the receipt coz no guitaring in my house

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. hey how di ur parents reacted when u bought ur 1st guitar n started guitaring
    some i know r very against it but mine were very positive n encouraged me :rule:

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Option 3...

3. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

my parents are totally against it...they even hate the little sound of it...

4. well buddy my sis was against it coz i used to play it at odd time but now she is abroad n i play when i wanna my parents like to hear me play well they say if its a way to xpress urself n njoy we respect ur choice n i think they r right

5. R@hGuZaR

R@hGuZaR DRUMMER 2 THE GRAVE

Option number 3

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

they were happy when they thought i was playin the guitar as a hobby ..but freaked out when i told them that i wanted to be musician...ahhahah...well they are comin to terms with it...and im doin somethin else along with my music studies that s related ...so guess they are cool now..
    i think ive started annoying my neighbours more coz i normally get time to practice and plug in only abt 11pm..and it goes on till abt 2..so ..ahh well..

7. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

They were quite happy and why wouldn't they ... i had a jumbo acoustic which sounded soft no matter how hard u picked ... after i started playing on electrics though things have changed a wee bit ;)

8. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

Phew i AM having very hard time about keeping the guitar in my house i just started playing my guitar two weeks ago and i am having quite a trouble with my parents specially my mom i practice guitar hidden in store room which is luckily quite far from the main house but i am determined that i WILL become one of the greats

9. Natasia

Natasia ...

i would haveta say option no. 3..... :) :)

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

My mom loves to hear me play at full volume(that's on a 80W amp), she's always been supportive of me:) I guess that answers the question. As to my dad, he doesnt mind as long it doesnt affect my studies.

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

My parents were incredibly happy, especially coz my mum's brother is a flamenco guitar player (damn talented) and they were happy to have another musician in the family.

12. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

wen i started it was option 3....now it moved doen to option 4.

they totally freaked out wen i was called to play guitar at a nightclub..they refused and i missed the chance...now they r pretty ok with me teaching guitar to others..

13. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

none of the above. they couldn't care less

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i bought my guitar wid my very first salary....so, my dad completely freaked out. i remeber him saying "i dont believe this guy got a empty box kinda thing from his first salary....dats totally insane " in marathi....

my dad still looks unhappy coz its been five months and he thinks i shud be a gr8 guitarist by now....lol...but i think he is more happy coz i got it frm my own money.

mom is pretty ok....sometimes gets annoyed when all i do is guitar practising.

my sis says dat i suck when i play guitars.....lol. my little bro is always excited and interested but cant tell coz he walks out of the room sometimes when i pick up the guitars.....lol.

15. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Modified Version Of Option 3.. as long as i'm serious Take it up..

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

haah, there's not an option that sounds like a positive response..

17. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Yhea I'm lucky to have such great parents.. I just owe a lot to them.. All i can give them is Good "Death Metal" music..

18. what abt the others views????????

19. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

my dad runs after me with a "laathi" whenever i play ma guitar.....lol....no seriously, he does

20. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

in my case they didnt knw abt it till 2 weeks
    and by then there was no turning back for me ... so they said
    carry on...