How To Tap The Guitar???

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rocking_devil, Jun 11, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

Man Does Anyone Know How The Hell Does This Tap Thing Works?! How To Tab Notes??????????

2. artmyxolydian

artmyxolydian New Member

put yer guitar under a tap

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude, how to tab notes or tap notes
    tapping is one of the easiest and the coolest looking techniques
    its a two hand technique.
    basically it involves tapping the guitar strings at whatever fret u want to play em.
    no plucking of strings is done....
    see EVH or satch vids...they both use it extensively

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

dat think came 2 me naturally..........i don't know how............ after 1 week of buying the guitar........i started doin it..........don't know how...........i did'nt know dat it is called tapping.........i showed it to my sir........he was like..""wow ! who teach u dat??"""........den i saw some vids of satch ...........n now i can do it properly.........:.

NY WAYS...DO DIS ........fr starting.......press da 12th fret with ur finger hard n quickly(like hammering) bt ...lot more power is required....u will hear a sound.......got it???

dats simple tapping......very simple...now do it with ur both hands.......in speed n power....it diff strings n frets........i'm sure u can do it...it's easy.......

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah i saw the joe satriani live in fran sisco concert video put for about 15 hours in cable.i couldnt see tapping.he was just doing crazy things with the vibratro.anywayz thanks to dr.saurabh , i will try tapping, though i not geting it right!i think its somewhat similar to hammering the strings with much force!!please enlighten me more about ths tapping stuff!

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

to see satch tapping, look at songs like always with me always with you, and satch boogie. if you want wilder crazier and faster tapping look at steve vai's bad horsie or the g3 version of for the love of god.

7. ygokazuki

ygokazuki New Member

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

guyz u should also check out Stanley Jordan..I saw 1 vid of his jazz tapping..absolutely amazing....

9. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Tapping, Sliding, Bending, Pullups, Pulldowns are some techniques which just feed the life in guitaring....:)

Aiteraz movie's song Dilruba's starting lead is one such example.

10. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

i learnt the solo of one for a tappin excercise

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

it isnt all dum laga ke haisha thing.........
    u dont need to put in too much effort
    just tap it rt
    use as much force u wud use for HOs and POs.....
    and one thing tho....this is pretty much exlcusively an electric guitar thing.....sounds crap on accoustic