how to start tabbing

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by seventhstring, Jun 14, 2006.

1. seventhstring

seventhstring New Member

hi evrybdy...
    wel i;ve a prbs....
    i'd brn playin chords 4 long...but its all been lik i jus get th chords frm nywher n play...nvr cud i do ny song myslf....
    i did try listnin 2 n doin it a few times but all in vain...
    so sumbdy pls temme how to start wif it???

2. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

A simple mantra - Concentrate & Don't give up. It may take quite some time but simply don't give up.

I'll get you started. Pluck a note anywhere on your guitar, listen to the song and try to get whether the next note will be higher than the plucked note or lower than the plucked note. If you get that bit, you need to figure how much higher or lower, once you get then go for the subsequent note.

After identifying several notes successfully, you have the TAB of the song in front of you.

Good Luck and happy tabbing.

BTW it was hard to decipher your post. Please use proper English.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Listen to the song carfully and try to play along
    I would use barre chords instead of open
    Easy to get the right pitch that way

Also u can try to play the melody to the song and figure out the key of the song
    that way u can narrow down chord options

4. seventhstring

seventhstring New Member

hey thanx ppl ll start wrkin again....n sorry 4 my wey f writing ll try 2 b more comprehensible....

5. dont worry

listen carefully and practice ur scales very well. so that u may identify the note instantly. but u can also use hit and trial method in the beginning on the scales just practice that's it