how to sing and play at same time

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by beatles, Apr 6, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

way to go :rock:

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

am tryin to learn 'your body is a wonder land' got the guitar part .......but how the hell doi sing it...as son as i start singin my playin goes kaput.....please i need help and quick...am sposed to sing it for that special someone...on a speical occasion so....please..help...

3. jayanth

YOu begin with easier songs my dear.. Its a herculean task to Sing and play Your Bod yis a wonder land.. But your reasong seems valid.. Then All i can say is best of luck. .And advise - Practice..

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

:shock: :shock: gonna have to work my ass of then

5. jayanth

Always.. thats the way the world Works these days.. You need to put in Hard work.. Or you need ot have money..

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah. . .ut for that special occasion .. .you'll have to work hard. . .. try humming first as prash said. . and then graduate to singing. ... get the rhythm perfectly. . .all the best for the special moment !!

7. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

there's probably something more that can be done that i forgot: you may also try singing in falsetto at first when working out a new song to play. this i think is better - helps to concentrate on getting the chord changes and corresponding words in sync without expending too much vocal energy which otherwise would take some force away from the strumming and fretting hands for the beginner, resulting in poor rhythm/out-of-sync change. once u get these points solidly done, the rest becomes easy. it is the falsetto that i myself do mostly, not humming.

also instead of beginning all over again if a mistake occurs, just better practice those chord-change-points and nail them to perfection. this is a better way to practice and gets better results in far lesser time. in fact this is something that applies to all areas of guitar practicing - to just concentrate on the trouble spots and leave the rest out.

8. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

whats falsetto prash ?

9. prash_rocks

hey don't u know? u probably do it very often without knowing what it is called...

falsetto is a fake/false voice register that can mimic the sound of high pitched singing voices and has a very soft and colourless quality to it... umm.... to give u an example, when u yodel, u slip into this false register and your singing voice while yodelling isnt always ur real voice, is it? for the higher parts in the yodel, u use the falsetto.

10. prash_rocks

did i forget to tell u? falsetto is a very common technique some posers might use to fake very high singing pitches - especially in live performances where pitch-shifting studio tricks can't be reproduced. though sometimes its also used very well simply for effect if it can be given some emotional quality too.

11. jayanth

I use it :D .. Cause i cant sing High...

12. prash_rocks

btw, jay i wanted to know something... do most backing vocalists use the falsetto or do they really sing in their real voices (i mean especially when sometimes they harmonise a 3rd or even a 5th *higher* than the lead singer). i've looked for this in many places but couldn't find out.

13. jayanth

Most of them sing in their real voices.. Harmonies are sometimes false..

14. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

i've never used my voice before to sing so i don't know what i should sound like, i've tried to sound high pitched like the indian female singers but i don't think i'm capable of that.....so when i try to sing a song by a male vocolist should i try to use a high pitched voice or should i stick to my normal voice :confused:

if you're confused by the question then i guess what i'm trying to ask is "how is a female voice supposed to sound when she is singing hindi songs with a guitar? is it supposed to sound more like guen stafani or alka yagnik?"

15. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I've always liked the slightly husky female voices with guitar, like Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood mac.. sounds kinda sexy!

16. Sonali

even with hindi music?

17. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

mm for hindi I guess it shouldn't be so husky.
    I like the more mellow and smooth voice for that. have you heard "ab ke baras ko bhejo" from bandni?

18. Sonali

Do you mean the song that goes like:
    "Ab ke baras wo haal hai
    Laga gazab ka saal hai jee
    Ho jiya mora bas mein na aaye rama haye rama" :confused:

19. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

no I was tlaking abt "ab ke baras bhejo" its a very old song
    its in musicindiaonline.com, just search for "bandini"
    I just happened to be listening to this song at the time so I thought the voice sounded nice.

20. Sonali

ok......found it.....your right she does have a nice voice........but how the hell am i supposed to sing that while i play an instrument....its practically imossible........i couldn't even do it if i gave it undevided concentration.