How to sing a song and play guitar at the same time?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by prog_man_0101, Aug 19, 2005.

1. prog_man_0101

prog_man_0101 Dain Bramaged

Hi Fellow IGT'ians.......

What problem I pose here may be some what unique.....
    Though I am able to play guitar properly..........what I am not able to do is to sing along with it.
    First of all I have got a very bad voice....Secondly I get very nervous when playing in front of my friends or parents or anybody else for that matter.

Only gurus at IGT can help me solve this problem......
    Please u guys..........any tips for improving my voice or getting rid my nervousness are truly welcomed.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ha ...
    u need to first tell which kinda songs u wanna sing ...
    if hindi kinda then u might have to take some classical singing lessons ...

if english then u might just havta sing along with the songs enuff number of times ... record and listen ... and next time try to lessen the differences ...

if death metal then nothing but just growl n shout ... :grin:

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

trick is either practice the guitar or the vocals so much that u can do one with complete ease and concentrate on the other during performance.

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Even i have the same problem..to be very frank..this is why i have inferiority complex..:eek::..not so much...bt a little only..

I can't sing well..:eek::...My voice is not so good..Every time i try to sing..it becomes a recitation..!!
    HELP!!:eek::

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Look up newbie_vini's thread in the English guitar thread titled "eternal flame". A lot of tips there should help new singers in general.

No guru can help you get over your shyness. What are you ashamed off? A voice that you did not choose for yourself or mediocre ability in an instrument that no one else in the entire room can play?

Keep asking yourself questions like these and you'll automatically find yourself improving.

6. prog_man_0101

prog_man_0101 Dain Bramaged

Thanx U Guys............will definitely keep ur suggestons in mind the next time I play.

7. astroguru26

astroguru26 New Member

guys....plz understand that good tuned guitar will make you feel sing , be ready..as with musical instrument you can feel better to sing..but the keep the rhythm..at least to cope with boringness or hollowness

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

if u are playing for the first few times in front of frnds or family then its perfectly natural to get a bit nervous .. its wen u play a bit more regularly in front of ppl that u lose ur inhibitions .. so its all ok if u were playing for first time in front of ppl .. :)