How To Read Standard Notation!???

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by himika9, Aug 16, 2006.

1. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

i cant read standard notation aka STAFF!!,i heard it helps in timing and all can anyone help??

2. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

try this brother
    https://www.notationmachine.com/how_to_read_sheetmusic/readingmusic.htm
    staff notation helps alot in timing. Thats why people use GP5 and such softwares.

This link will help u in both Bass and Treble Cleff. But in the guitar to simplify things...there is no bass cleff. U shud learn the lines and spaces of the treble cleff(and bass cleff if u play some other instrument) and also the different types of notes like Quarter notes(1 beat) Half notes(2 beats) etc.

Hope this will help.

(forum leaders note - please do not double post. post merged)

I also have a book of staff notations for the guitar..PM me if u want it.

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hey himika..its a bit too lengthy and comprehensive lesson to be posted here, i suggest you google or ask for a link over here. once ur familiar with staff language, u can download some songsheets and practice them. its certainly certainly better than tabs...and it will be more helpful if u have professional plans

4. Morbid_Angel

@vini
    ure right..who wud post a whole lesson over here.

@himika
    Tell me if the link helped u..or if u wanna be an expert in it..pm me for the books.

himika9 likes this.
  5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i have heard of mel bay's books for learning notations..they r good..u can buy them himika, in case ur ready to shell out a good amount as they r lil expensive!

6. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

hey nice site:)thanks i would need the ebook but first i would like to understand whts in here properly:)gr8 aj thanks a lot!!

7. Morbid_Angel

@vini
    i got free stuff here :D

It teaches u staff notation only for guitar (doesnt teach anythn bout bass cleff)

@himika
    Yea i suggest u go thru the site first..the book teaches from the basics too..but it expects u to know somethn.
    When u think ure ready for the book just inform me.

PS : Im uploading a PDF file with staff notation of the song lakdi ki kathi. Its 100% accurate..try to play it without listening to the song after u read the contents of the site.
    I also suggest u have softrware like GP5.

Attached Files:

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Guitar Pro GUITAR PRO GUITAR PRO

Use this wonder software to learn stave :)

9. Morbid_Angel