How to read a password protected Excel File?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by light_of_erindi, Jul 26, 2006.

1. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I have a password protected Excel File which I createdmyself but I can't remember the password anymore....Excel Help says...forget about the file if u can't remember the password......any workaround? :think:

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

There are softwares to open password protected MS office files .. e.g. ExcelLockSmith

Don't know how effective they are but you might wanna try .. google for them

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Any talk about cracking password protected files is banned on this forum.
    Let this be a last warning: This is not a warez-site.

Thread Closed.

PS: Sugata, use PMs to share your crack(s).

PPS: Dude, Erindi, post such queries on forums meant for cracks.

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

hey! he did not mention cracking. he said password recovery and that's legal enuff! Even Winzip or WinRAR has those sort of utility. this forum has "Forgot your password?" option. Wot ud u do wit those???close 'em?? :mad:

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

and yes "With greater power, there comes greater responsibility". aquiring Knowledge is not Crime, but using them in wrong way is...

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

and if this thread is closed for this purpose, I will say bye bye to computer forum... (Many will be happy, i know)

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Doesnt matter.
    Any method that has a potential for misuse, is misused. (And hence not to be discussed on this sacrosanct place)

Take P2P for instance.

Now zip-up and abide by the rules.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^Lets C den....

10. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

does not mean we can't post personal mp3s since those could be shared illegally?

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If your material is copyright or patented by someone else, then definitly not!
    :shock:

If its YOUR OWN composition, your posting here is an acceptance of the fact that it can be shared.

Otherwise use sites like youtube, soundclick etc, where you can protect the file from being shared. And LINK it here.

12. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Well, of course it can be used to read someone else's password protected file!

Isn't that wrong?

13. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Hey...I was only asking about "recovery" of password for my own file u know....nyways....my search lead me to the dark corners of the Internet ...:):)....and I got some tools which do it for a price...so i suppose it's perfectly legal....if u want to use it on ur own files...

just off the topic...does anyone know that the RC4 encryption that Windows/OfficeXP and IEEE 802.11 use IS breakable....i'll post a new thread for that....with the PDF of originalpaper...:)