how to play flute?

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by zing, Jan 12, 2007.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You're not supposed to buy just one, flower child.

2. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Lol who's gon go buy 10 different flutes..only professionals i guess..i cant play the whole song on a flute..jus the chorus..so its ok for timepass.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Keep the tube thing in your mouth and keep blowing till you get some sound...Block those holes here and there to get your desired note :)....Learn Flute In A Nutshell.....Damn I am good........

4. bogert

bogert New Member

If you want to play a cool flute, you should learn either the shakuhachi or bansuri. Shakuhachi is a Japanese end-blown flute (my main area of study). 7-hole Bansuri can play ragas appropriately, 6-hole have their limitations. Shakuhachi can also play ragas but it can be tricky. If you want to learn either of these I can probably help (more with shakuhachi).

Chris

5. alfaone

alfaone New Member

blow into it with all the holes blocked to get Sa then the most distant one when opened (with all others closed) gives re open the next one with all others closed to get ga and so on. blolwing with double the pressure gives you the next octave. you only get two in a flute. to get the semi notes open the correspoding hole only partially eg. to get Re flattened open the most distant hole only partially.dont worry about ma being only half a step from ga.. the sequence will always be sa re ga ma pa dha ni. the scale will depend on the the flute used

zing likes this.