How to open .BIN files?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by beginner_lavina, Jul 11, 2006.

1. I downloaded Superman 2006 using torrents and its on .bin extension. Which program should I use to open it? :think:

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

daemon tools
    clone CD
    Alcohol 120

3. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Get VLC Player from: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Else.. you have to download some CD-Burning software which recognises the .BIN/.CUE format to burn a cd & watch the movie...
    Instead just download VLC Player..& it would directly play the movie of it...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

hehe, dat woz easy...
    Alcohol or nero or daemon tool will do it...
    First set a virtual CD ROM drive with any of the software and load the image file (The bin file you're talkin' bout) at that drive and run it from there. You can also burn it using those sw s....

NEWAYZ... SayaN already has stated how to do it and full credit to him...

5. I don't want to burn it, I want to connect my laptop on my tv and watch it on fullscreen. Thanks alot for the player :)

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Or try Mplayer..Just download it and say goodbye to all your video troubles.

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

use ultraiso and extract the files from the .bin fiel ..then play it in the player of your choice

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:NoNo:
    You are revealing one of the most potent media player ever made?

You traitor. That player doesnt deserve pedestrians. Its meant only for the elites.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^^Hmmm...
    Lemme C the beast.....

10. :hbr: you broke my heard into two pieces

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Well for one, it doesnt come with any GUI!
    You gotta use you keyboard for everything - volume, brightness, contrast, fwding/reversing.
    Second is that you need to dload a separate codec zip archive.

Although teh mplayer.exe can decode most of teh VDOs o this planet, there are still like quicktime and realplayer taht require specail codecs. So those "special codecs" are zipped up and kept separate from mplayer.exe.

Now who would go to all that trouble when everyone has a windoze media player + quictime player + real player + riva player + classic player + ... already installed on their comp.
    :p:

Thats why only elites use MPlayer. (Like a sniper gun, which has to be assembled, and honed for accuracy)

12. what format will it be on if i extract it?

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ UltraISO or deamon tools will actally mount the .bin/.cue image, just like your CD drive.

The file inside CD can be of any format. AVI/DAT/MPEG/... Anything.

So when you drag and drop the .bin file into UltraISO, UltraISO window will open up where you can see the contents of the ".bin image".

imagine the Image to be exact same as putting in a CD - you dont know the contents, its only when you double click on the CD drive, explorer window opnes up and ou can see its contents

Cut all this, and grab hold of UltraISO - its only 2.8MB.
    Or better still - deamon tools. (even smaller + freeware - hence no resort to piracy)
    Daemon Tools creates a virtual CD drive which is = your .bin/.cue/.iso file.
    https://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Mplayer pwns anything on the planet...and you can get GUI extensions for it..who wants to take the mouse over to volume bar?Hell I have even tried using mencoder in Linux to compress mpg to avi:l33t: :p:..

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Me have done it on windows using cmd.
    :p:
    Using the xvid video codec and mp3 audio codec.
    Beat that (you must have used default ffmpeg for both video as well as audio)!
    Heck, am more elite.

But I am really pleased with teh keyboard utility of naked Mplayer. Beats anything!

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I wrote a 2 line command with various options on Linux..on Windows I dont use anything except VirtualDub(or VirtualDubMod for unsupported file types), typically with xvid codec and mp3 audio..hell, I have evn tried noise filters and resolution changes and volume filters:p:
    Mplayer's keyboard control rulz..cant beat that A/V sync too..the GUIs are amateurisha t best and I dont use that

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehaa yes.

18. @alpha: Thanks alot. :)

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey but which one are you goign to use?

20. cronix

cronix New Member

is this thread about mplayer???????

@thread : have u still not figured out ur answer with so many replies.