How to learn the rhythm

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by neorosh, Apr 9, 2004.

1. neorosh

neorosh New Member

Hey guys,
    i can play most of the important chords and can sing along with them...my problem is how to get the rhythm of the song...i always end up srtumming the chords in the same rhythm always..i know every song song has a different rhythm to be followed so that the song sounds real...please help me how to learn this very important part of playng the guitar
    :eek:

2. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

hmm

well i never had that prob so can't say much about it.

but i guess what u ask for shd come with a greater intuition and feel for music and rhythm.

u shd first learn only the rhythm without singing urself. u need to perfect the up and down strokes. try to play like the guitar on the song, trying to stroke acc to the rhythm it's playing, and try to make urself sound as much like it... cuz there is a distinct diff in the sounds of the up and down strokes and that can be made out from the song. once u understand the strumming pattern on the song play in the right rhythm with the beats and u shd get it.

i dunno if i can help more... it's not any technique here, it's more of a natural thing... u'll have to earn it with hardwork.

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

It all depends on the magic you do with the plecturm. The Softness and the speed. and Of Course Timing

P.S. Prash Rocks

4. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

yeah, of course prash rocks! but this fact needn't be mentioned anymore each time he rocks. jayanth pulllleeeez!!! my nick was embarassing enough already!

5. jayanth

Sorry :shutup: Will not do that again Today.

6. alli

alli The Best Ever

how long does it app. take some1 to learn it all perfectly...2-3 months right ?? with bout atleast 2-3 hrs of full hearted practise.... ??

i know it all depends from person to person but still..i've just lost all damn practise and im nearly starting from scratch again to get it perfect..so im asking ... and i also much more time than i used to.... so help....

prash rocks - we're not being sarcastic bout it ! .... u do ! ...and u've chosen the perfect nick too ! ...how perfect is tht . !

7. jayanth

It takes about two weeks maybe..

PS Prash Rocks... (Its Not Yesterday anymore hehe) Still not being Sarcastic.

8. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

Well just perfect your playing first, then you'll realize your strumming and chord changes will require little concentration and you can then focus more on getting your singing right .The chords will begin to flow automatically. Focus on one thing at a time. When your strumming gets seasoned enough, you won't need to focus on it.

Takes time.

9. jayanth

Scotty is right... But look more into Timing then the strumming comes automatically.

10. alli

alli The Best Ever

thanx guys ..... knowing im going atleast slightly on the right track... and to know it from u'll ...merci merci.
    :)

11. jayanth

I think u should use the Bon Jovi plectrum too. :confused:

12. alli

alli The Best Ever

i'll send u my house add. - post it to me ... urgent courier ...

im just saying this coz u told me to use it . !

13. jayanth

He he.. You got to flick it yourself. Else it wont work

14. alli

alli The Best Ever

hmm..now only if i culd somehow hypnotize u and get u to post it to me ....

15. jayanth

I can.. He he.. I can send you the Scanned copy of it...

16. alli

alli The Best Ever

ur asking for a black eye .....:mad:

17. jayanth

I didnt curse or swear at My Scanner. Its working fine.. YOu can paste the picture over your ORDINARY pick and think its Bon JOvi's he he..

18. neorosh

neorosh New Member

19. jayanth

Cool Link.. Thanks For the update...

20. gypsysoul_19

gypsysoul_19 New Member

guess everyone has probs with strumming in the beginning. My prob is that I'm very much influenced by country music and I tend to strum any damn song the same way even hindi songs. how to break out of that mould?? Another prob i have is with plecs. my plec playing does not sound good, i play rhythm with my thumb...Help me guys coz i got no guitarist friend or tutor around to help me practically.