How to hammer while playing B minor?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Aerosmith, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

How do i hammer on the 4th string while i have B min (x-2-4-4-3-2), where i play using my index finger, barred on 2nd fret...
    Or is there any other alternative?

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Which fret do you want to do the hammer on..I just held a BMinor and then was able to do a hammer on and pull off in the 4th string. between f and g..

3. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Its pretty odd, but for the song i'm playing (Working Class Hero by Greenday), i need to hammer on 2nd fret on 4th string... ii dont understand how thats possible with the bar

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You need to see someone doing it, am afraid you cannot learn such things on a board, unless someone posts a video doing it.

5. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Working Class Hero...hmmm..you should post the tabs at least..I think you've got the tabs wrong,coz that song has a 2h4 in it which means you're supposed to hammer the 4th fret and that shouldn't be a problem in a Bm shape..

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Its impossible....It should be a pull off to 2nd fret or a hammer on from 2nd fret to 4th fret...

7. srakshit

srakshit New Member

It's 2h4, and the 2 is the barre fretted with the index. You need to hammer on the ring finger between strums.

There is no easy way - your fingers have to be strong enough and your barre pressure needs to be high enough to not mute the string and low enough so you can make the movement.

I said it before: Practice is the only way.