How to get the actual music tone?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by anilkrishna, Jan 21, 2005.

1. anilkrishna

anilkrishna New Member

Hi All,
    Need not to say, I am a beginner in guitar playing.

Yester day I was trying to get reproduce the guitar tune for the song " akele hai to kya gam hain", in the film "Qayamat se Qayamat tak".

The tabs are Em , D and C. I tried differently to get the same sound of that song, but failed to get.
    I have also heard the audio clipping of that song posted by one of this site members.

I have also tried in the groove builder in wholenote.com, but i was unable to get the exact sound. I have tried different options, I don't how rock,jazz types make the difference for the same chords. Is it strumming or something else.
    Here I am giving the link of wholenote.com
    https://www.wholenote.com/
    in the site I have selected groove builder.

Here is the audio clip what I am talking abt
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?p=49676#post49676

I hope somebody can help me out.
    thanks
    Anil Krishna

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

3. anilkrishna

anilkrishna New Member

Hi jayswami,
    thanks for your reply. Could you please explain me in little more detail. Otherwise suggest me some simple songs which I can practice initiallly.
    If possible , could you also let me know the details for my first question, "what is the difference between rock, jazz, blues, etc.. while playing the chords.

4. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

anil. . .rock jazz and blues are not different ways of playing the chords on a guitar . they are different genres of music. regarding the song. . .the way jay has shown playing it . . it has a difficlut strumming pattern . he is playing the barre chords not the regular ones. i hope you know how to play the barre chords ? if not then please ask .. barre chords give a different kinda sound when strummed and this might be the sound you are trying to get .. .