how to find rhythm for songs

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by theguitaristofm, Jan 6, 2005.

1. hi guitarist well i have been playing chords recently but at times i find it hard fto find the rhythm or to keep the same rhythm
    so if u scould enlighten us more on the rhythm how u do to find what rhythm to use
    thnx for ur help :rock:

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Tap your feet in a 1-2-3-4 sequence to an imaginary drum beat or a metronome if you have one. If you have a drummer to practice with, there is no excuse for not being able to keep time. Just practice more.

rabi_sultan likes this.
  3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

if you know the basic chords and the music well , i dun think so it should be diff enuf for you to get some good rythm ...

juss try and concentrate more , and as dmf said practice more !!

4. @bobby yeah i think more practice will b a help

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Thread should be in Beginners Q&A. Thread shall be moved.

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

sure tgf / dist ...

7. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@guitaristofm...feet tapping is a very good habit for a beginner or some1 who finds difficulty in getting rhythm...

try this ...

play the song in ur mind...and start tapping ur feet to get along the rhythm.
    as soon as u r ready or u think u got hold of rhythm ....start strumming ....but remember ...strum along wid the tapping of ur feet...they shud be in same frequency...

also try humming....it also helps in getting rhythm...or sing.

theguitaristofm likes this.
  8. @fr thnx buddy

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^^ur welcome bro....

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

if ur still finding it difficult to tap your feet and play along then invest in a metronome like dmf suggested

theguitaristofm likes this.
  11. JUDAS_666

JUDAS_666 Member

just swing your hand with some basic chords preferably G,C,D,Em . No particular rhythm to follow, just play what you feel good. I recommend to try the song -knocking on heaven's doors (almost 100 different versions,might make one yourself). Try with power chords first until your hands get full feel of rhythm. the chords to use: G5 d5 A5;G5 d5 c5
    then try with actual chords:g d am; g d c
    Just play the music of the song while you're playing, i bet you'll catch the melody very soon and play the suitable rhythm. Remember, music is not copying or memorising but totally feeling and creating.

12. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

I feet tap to songs in my heads and i make a drum kind o noise with my teeth

13. Liquid

Liquid New Member

yea i guess i kinda have the same problem as well....so thanks guys!