How to find out chords for any song, need advice.

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by nova, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mariaannlee

mariaannlee New Member

hii

hiiiii everybody this is lee it is very helpful for all musicians to interac each other with their doubts. All the best

2. mariaannlee

mariaannlee New Member

hiiiiiiiii

3. aesha

aesha New Member

Hello,

I found an interesting article on which chord will fit where on to the song...

here is the link....

Musindics

Its a blog about indian music etc..

4. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Aesha - Wow !! After 7 years of registration you make the first post !! Brilliant !

5. aesha

aesha New Member

Well the attempt was to spread awareness .. If you find it threatening to your job of super-admining around at this phorum.. you can do whatever that could make you special other than peeping into other user's data..

6. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Aesha -- woow !! hold on there .. Firstly, I did not negate / delete / say anything about the 'actual post'. I was just surprised genuinely.

And secondly, 'Peeping into other user's data' ?? Where's that coming from ? My dear friend, your date of joining is visible to everyone. Just look at the top corner of your post, and it shows your join date along with post count :

Join Date Oct 2004
    Posts 2

Anyways, assumptions are good buddy.

Good luck !

7. rktpro

rktpro New Member

Chords can be memorized. I have seen such people who can do it by ear. Also, if you know the common chord progressions for a key, you can reduce the time-wastage on hit and trial. You will have ease finding chords. If it lays beyond the scale, it will be again hit and trial.
    I just learned this stuff recently. Thanks IGT and my tutor.

8. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

bwahahaha :):) we have an ice cool captain :p:

9. kolporaj

kolporaj New Member

EASY

first note the rhythm.......and the chord change........so that u are sure when the chord changes......

then play notes to match with the song.....then see which scales the chords are

start with the key chord of that scale and change according to rhythm....

the ability to differentiate between major and minor chords depend entirely on ur ability to listen .....sorry :(

thats all........it needs patience and practice

my suggestion is try to find out chords of classical bangla songs (its easier...mostly major chords) and then see if u are right by finding the tabs online...........

if u always search for chords online u'll never learn how to find chords urself

10. fena

fena New Member

First of all (assuming you're new to music)..start with very simple songs (western country music is preferable)..U need to learn the pentatonic scale..u dont need to know how each chord sounds!! dats almost impossible..get familiar with the..umm...fretboard symmetry.. or whatever them textbook geniuses call it..ask some experiencd guitarist or bassist, or google it...after that all u have to know is the root chord :)
    P.S :- mind you, this is only a basic lesson for simple songs, etc. to get you started :) ..its how i started out..hope it was helpful

Super-Admin likes this.
  11. sohamgig

sohamgig New Member

Frst f all listn to d sng thru a gud earphne.chck out d sound 4rm bass guitar nd pick out d chord changes..u wl nd to lstn to d sng 10-15 tyms to gt into d bass lyns...prctse buddy